What kind of birth are you hoping for??

shortie58

Mummy to Katie
Reaction score
I am hoping for a water birth at my local hospital which is only 3mins away in the car. But at the same time I am gonna remain open minded as things I believe can change pretty quickly when in labour.:winkwink:

So what kind of birth are all you lovely ladies hoping to have??

Also who are you having at birth?? I am having my hubby and my mum :thumbup:

Madison is my first, due July, and i would LOVE a waterbirth..

Im most relaxed in water, was in swimming pools from 6 months with my mum, and always loved the water..

Id like to have her in the pool, or at least most of my labour in there, if i cant handle the pain (im not much of a wuss but have seen a lot of friends with bad labours!) then id like to have labour there, then see how im most comfortable delivering her.. (probably all 4s on the floor haha)..

:D

Also will have my mum (everyone wants mum when they're ill/in pain :( and its her first grandaughter, i want her to be there every minute :D)

The babys dad will be there too, dont particularly care for it but its only fair.. When we were together i said he wasnt allowed below the waist or he'd be put off me, now im gonna make him watch.. hahahahahhahahahaha....

Quick & painless :rofl: Yeah right!

Hoping to avoid a cesarean at all costs, other than that I've not really made any firm plans.

I hope I can keep as mobile as possible during early labour as I've heard this helps to speed things up, also I'm not planning on heading to the hospital at the first twinge, just because I hate hospitals and have heard of so many people turning up and being sent home again until their contractions are closer together.

I'd like to stay home for as long as possible then labour in the pool at my local hospital. I'm looking forward to the gas & air :haha: but that's the only pain relief I'd like. My husband will be there with me but I wouldn't want anyone else there except the hospital staff.

I'm hoping I won't have to go to theatre for stitches this time.

i remember always wanting a section as im terrified of labour lol but i now want to avoid that at all costs, a water birth seems very apealing to me but i want to have an epidural which you cant have if you opt for a water birth, im also a bit worried of anything going wrong so want a hospital birth so im in the best place

I'm hoping to labour as long as poss at home, using hypnobirthing. Then a water birth at hospital. Hopefully it will be chilled out, no tearing, and quick!

Home Birth after Cesarean.

Upright, active and NO interventions unless absolutely necessary, no internals until I want one, no ROM, GnA only, no coached pushing, physiological 3rd stage, delayed cord clamping and actually being part of the process this time and enjoying it rather than trying to forget about it.

I'm hoping for this one to be a homebirth! :)
I had my mum and ex with me for my 1st two babies and just my DH with my 3rd as mum was looking after the other 2, plus i dont feel like i need her support now - meant in the nicest way possible!
I dont know who will be at this one, DH obv, but I guess it depends how quick it is. If it's anything like last time, my mum may not have time to get the kids and take them away or they may be asleep.

I dont like to plan things too much (being a control freak its very unlike me!), i just like to go with the flow when it comes to the birth. So long as I'm coping and baby is safe, I'll do whatever my body is telling me. xx

i want a labour that doesnt involve my crotch tearing...... that would make me real happy...... i actually dont want my mom there... my bf and sister,,,,

i always said i didnt want water birth but was in pain so laboured in the pool and if i hadnt needed to have rest id have givne birth in it too just didnt care lol

this time i want to labour in pool then birth in bed again oh and no pain releife again unless i cant stand it no more

Quick & painless :rofl: Yeah right!

Hoping to avoid a cesarean at all costs, other than that I've not really made any firm plans.

I hope I can keep as mobile as possible during early labour as I've heard this helps to speed things up, also I'm not planning on heading to the hospital at the first twinge, just because I hate hospitals and have heard of so many people turning up and being sent home again until their contractions are closer together.

Im gonna do this too, Try to hold out aslong as possible as our hospital is 40mins away so Im not making a million trips there!

i would love a water or home birth but sadly neither is possible, im high risk and have to have monitors on throughout labour.

The best i can hope for is a labour the same as my 2nd childs, fast and practically painless. The only scary part was when we realised the cord was wrapped around his neck but he was absolutely fine and i went home in time for lunch lol.

I dont want anyone with me to be honest. I will have to allow my husband there i suppose but i rather he wasnt, he really gets on my nerves lately n i know i'll only be mean to him and i'll feel guilty about it. My mum n hubby were with me on my son but mum left before it got to the part where all is on display cuz she couldnt cope seeing me in pain it was those last few contractions before pushing, they r intense so she missed the messiest part. And on my daughter i had hubby and sister with me. She was brilliant on hand with cooling spray ice cubes and water lol.

having an elective c section so hoping i dont go into labour before that day as i did last time and it all becomes a big rush just wanna stay calm and relaxed and hope for a quick recovery x

I'm hoping on waterbirth, I really wanted one with my daughter but was induced and had to be monitored.

I'm tempted to go for a home waterbirth, but my house is very small...

I'm going for a homebirth because I don't want to waste money on clinical without a medical indication. Just hoping to be able to move around during the birth and let gravity work for us. ^^

I want my epidural to work this time!!!!!!!!! It didn't work on me with Cameron, and I felt everything :( At least I know I can do it, I just don't want to again!!!

I'm scared of having to give birth at night as I read in the paper that the standard of care isn't the same at night. I don't remember is it said the UK or London.

I'm hoping to be able to move around and to have gas &air and maybe epidural depending on need. But would prefer a reduced amount so I can feel my legs.

I too am just hoping to avoid a c-section. Actually, I want to avoid any interventions if possible. Just a natural, normal birth is all I want. It would be great to not tear, and would be lovely to not go too long (I have read about 36-hour labors!).
I haven't decided if I want anyone besides OH there. Probably not, tho the grandmothers won't be happy about not being there.

Although I have not spoken about it to anyone (ie midwife) so dont know what I am allowed to do I am thinking about a water birth def want to be at the hospital. Only hubs is going to be there, I love my mum but no way would I want anyone else there! I have already told OH to stay head end and keep worrying he is going to go off me once he sees the state of me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->