• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What kind of high chair?

P

punk_pig

Is it worth forking out for an expensie high chair or are they all pretty much the same? Any essential features?

We have a Chicco Polly - https://www.chiccohighchair.co.uk/chicco-polly.html

we love it - it has different height options, it reclines (brill for when they fall asleep eating!!) its all easy to use, move about, it folds and best of all you can take off all the straps and seat and bung it all in the washing machine!!!!!

I shopped and shopped for one, looking at a gazillion models and reviews online. I had settled on a fairly expensive one when a friend gave me his 25$ ikea high chair. sooo easy to wash, food cannot get stuck anywhere. I have never looked back =p

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30069724

I have the cheapo Ikea one and a cheapo one from Toys R Us, perfect for me :)

I spent a fortune on the Bloom Fresco Loft, my advice, don't! I spend half my time worrying about it getting dirty and the other half cleaning it, hindsight is a wonderful thing! Wish I had bought a simple wooden one....

I just bought a mothercare one for £40 :flower: xx

We have the mamas and papa's pixi highchair and its brilliant.

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-pixi-highchair-apple/400621101/type-i/

I would definately recommend getting one with removable straps so you can clean them easily and either a really easy clean chair like the one on the pixi or one with a removable cover. Also a removable tray or one that moves makes it so much easier to get lo in and out, a removable tray is also handy so you can push the chair up to a table.

I also have the cheap ikea one and it is sooo easy to clean compared to the others i love it x

We bought a simple wooden one from Mothercare. It was either that or the cheap Ikea one as we'd been advised by mums who had made the mistake of buying really flashy padded ones with bells and whistles, that they were a murder to clean. :haha:

We haven't used ours for Max eating yet, he just sits at the table with toys while we eat but we have the Stokke Tripp Trapp and I love it - mainly because it's so pretty though, the tart that I am!

We have a Mocka one (same as the Ikea one) its cheap and AWESOME

With hindsight, I'd buy a wooden one. I bought a mothercare picnic highchair and there are sooo many place for food to get stuck - it's a nightmare to clean!
Go for something really simple is my advice :D

Someone bought us the picnic highchair and TBH I think I may flog it on ebay and get the ikea one instead...

we've got the ikea one & it's fab. oh decided bella needed a "nicer" highchair, so got the chicco polly one on ebay (admittedly he only paid £20 for it!), but i just can't get on with it. bella can't reach her food (she's quite dinky) when she's in it so i never bother with it. it might be more useful when she's bigger, but for now, the £15 (with tray) ikea one suits us brilliantly, it's had so much use in the past 4.5 months.
xx

Hi
We have the amas and Papas Prima Pappa Highchair - Once Upon a Time
Code: 464016000
This is a lovely highchair and is great because it reclines at the back when the girls fall asleep in them, also has 2 trays and is height adjustable- the only downside is that some of the straps are not removable so cant easily be washed ( I put the others in the washing machine)- this is a big design oversight especially when weaning!!! Overall I am really happy with this chair though xxx

Another one here with the Ikea cheapie. It's fantastic and so easy to clean!

Ok going to go with Ikea! We have the family discount card too so hopefully that makes it even more of a cheapy!!
Think what swung it was knowing it is good for dinky babies as LO only got back on the bottom of the percentile graph a month ago. Thanks girlies!

Ok going to go with Ikea! We have the family discount card too so hopefully that makes it even more of a cheapy!!
Think what swung it was knowing it is good for dinky babies as LO only got back on the bottom of the percentile graph a month ago. Thanks girlies!

It really is a very simple chair but it works great. When Ronan was smaller, because he was so lean I would fold a towel up along the back and sides so that he wasn't sitting so far back from the tray or table.

I have a mothercare arc, it's fab. I have used the ikea ones and they're fine but I don't think they're great for small lo's as mine is, she dudnt seem stable or comfy at all. We fid them in cafe's a lot and are happy with them now lo is older but the arc has suited us much better at home.

CHicco jazzy £60- reclines, easy to clean, tray removes, folds down flat. Fantastic buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"