What kind of high chair?

OK so went to IKEA to try the highchair. It is obviously dead easy to clean but I wasn't sure. LO is sooo tiny in it she's miles away from the tray and the strap wont adjust small enough, however I could do as suggested and add a towel for padding.

So then went to Mothercare to look at the Arc (currently reduced), the jazzy and the ezclean. The only one they actually kept in store was the Arc - I'm so annoyed as I dont want to have to buy something to see if it is comfortable.

Well we tried the Arc and I agree it looked really comfortable for my little LO, she was very stable and I liked that it was height adjustable as we are in the middle of a refurb and might not have a dining table to eat at and would like her at the same height as us if we are eating from the coffee table. However the tray still seemed far away and isn't adjustable. Also it is sold as foldable but it hardly reduces in size when folded so not much point.

Arrrgggghhh...so confused.

To add to the confusion I'm leaning towards trying as much BLW as possible so it is really important that LO can reach the tray and that she sits at the same level as us so that she can copy us.

Might see what Babies R Us has in stock. Anyone suggest any other stores that might have a wide range I can try out?

I bought a mothercare travel booster chair for £35. It sits on an adult chair and has 3 different height options or can be placed on the floor. Its really compact so folds down and fits in the smallest cupboard and you can take it to restaurants or other houses easily. At the moment i use the tray that is attached to it and is the perfect distance to reach food. However when i eat meals with my daughter at the table, the tray clips off and she is at the perfect height to sit at the table with the big people. It is also suitable up to 4 or 5 years so perfect in the long run.

I just used a bumbo with a tray right in the early early days more than I used the highchair, then when I did use the highchair, like I said, I folded a towel behind him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->