what kind of hours do you all work?

kizzyt

Loving my baby girl
Reaction score
hey ladies,

I am wondering what kind of hours everyone works and if you have to commute or travel a long way to work or anything? I am getting more and more tired and often out of the house 11/12 hours per day which is exhausting me. I am 6 weeks on Friday and I am going to see the doc then for first visit and I might ask their advice. I had a m/c at 10 weeks on the 1st November so I am even more cautious with this pregnancy but find I get home from work about 7.30 after an hour+ on the tube/trian and I am drained and feel weepy and tired. I will see what the doc says and might ask work about the possibility of finishing a little earlier to ensure I am home by 6.30 latest each night.

xx

You poor thing, you must be knackered! I was just thinking the other day when I was feeling particularly sick and tired how I couldn't cope with going into work every day (fortunately I work from home).

I would defo mention it to your doc and see if you can finish early. Do you put in a lot of overtime?

Ah hun I imagine the tube would be a nightmare feeling like this! Definately speak to your doc about it - you want to look after yourself and babs as best you can x
I work 8-5 Mon-Fri with an hour commute there and back.
Luckily my commute is getting a lift with friends so I can chill out and even snooze if I want to! I am finding I'm flagging big time in the office in the afternoon...
Well I say afternoon I'm actually flagging now... going to try and have an energising lunchtime walk to wake me up! xx

no not really, I leave home at 8 and get the train/tube to work for about 9.30 (slightly earlier most days) and then generally leave anywhere between 5.30 and 6.30, I work for an American boss who's 8 hours behind so we have calls scheduled on a Mon/Wed at 5pm which can sometimes last an hour and a half so by the time I get out it's late and then I have the hour commute again. Last night I was out by 6 but the train got stuck so I finally walked through the door at home just after 8 and felt sick, hungry and needing a wee and just cried to my OH! I manage the department of about 20 or so people but that's not really a big issue, and we support the sales team so we're kind of around until they go home, you know? but I do have a blackberry which I am always on on the train home so I guess if I can start to finish by 5-5.30 for the next 6 weeks or so I can at least use that to be in contact.

sorry rambling now! :)

I feel lucky compared to you girls. I work 9 to 5 and only have a 20 minute drive each way. I thought that was bad enough! Although I do have a friend who is pregnant and not working and she has said to me she doesn't know how I go in to work all day feeling knackered and sick. I think we do it because we have to. Don't think my boss would have liked me taking a 6 weeks sickie!

I do all different kinds of shift work from 7am - 3pm or 3pm - 11pm. Earlys do knacker me out tho as I have to be up at 6am. And I am put on late to early shifts i.e. finish at 11pm and have to be back in at 7am.

Duno when would be the right time to request certain shifts tho.

I feel your pain, I work shifts, sometimes 8-5 but often 13 hours, luckily I can walk to work - couldn't face a long commute after that. But its the lack of days off that really kill me, work weekends too and currently on day 10 of a 12 day stretch. I want a weekend and a lie in. Tired and sick and generally fed up, when do we get to the "blooming" stage, bring it on!

I feel your pain, I work shifts, sometimes 8-5 but often 13 hours, luckily I can walk to work - couldn't face a long commute after that. But its the lack of days off that really kill me, work weekends too and currently on day 10 of a 12 day stretch. I want a weekend and a lie in. Tired and sick and generally fed up, when do we get to the "blooming" stage, bring it on!

wow, I feel like a wimp compared to you, working 12 days straight without a break must be a killer, especially now! poor you x

The worst part is that my work don't know yet..I'm trying very hard to stay chirpy and pretend I'm on top form. I suspect I'm failing miserably and all the ladies can guess, the crackers on my desk almost certainly give it away. Luckily they're too polite to say anything....

I am a support worker. I work 12hour shifts 4 days in a row with 4days off. My job intails alot of heavy lifting and violent clients I am 7weeks and pretty scared incase anything happens at work. I have to go into office and do a risk assessment you should ask your wurk about this as no matter what job you do you should b put through a risk assessment during each trimest x

Ya, I know how you feel. I have an hour drive back and forth and work 10_12 hours daily. Its hard I work as a veterinary technician very long days that can be difficult! I am dreading when I get sick and getting tired all the time. I wake up at 5am and get home around 9pm almost every night!

I work 7-5 Monday through Friday, with a 20 min commute. I've been feeling exhausted when I get home, and most days, just want to nap at my desk. It makes for very long days, and very short nights when I get home.

aww that sucks :(
i have 2 1/2 days of college and 2 days of work so not too bad for me :)
gonna get worse when i leave college, have baby, and get a full time job :S

no not really, I leave home at 8 and get the train/tube to work for about 9.30 (slightly earlier most days) and then generally leave anywhere between 5.30 and 6.30, I work for an American boss who's 8 hours behind so we have calls scheduled on a Mon/Wed at 5pm which can sometimes last an hour and a half so by the time I get out it's late and then I have the hour commute again. Last night I was out by 6 but the train got stuck so I finally walked through the door at home just after 8 and felt sick, hungry and needing a wee and just cried to my OH! I manage the department of about 20 or so people but that's not really a big issue, and we support the sales team so we're kind of around until they go home, you know? but I do have a blackberry which I am always on on the train home so I guess if I can start to finish by 5-5.30 for the next 6 weeks or so I can at least use that to be in contact.

Yes I would do that if you can, have you told your boss or do you want to wait?

If it is any kind of comfort I know the pain of long days over the last few weeks I am out of the house at 6.30am and rarely home before 6pm. Long commute and long hours which is compounded when work dont know yet!!!! But as the weeks have gone past little by little I am starting to feel a bit better, I am now 12 weeks, still tired but the sickness is dying down albeit too slowly for my liking.

Hope you start to feel better soon xx

Yes I would do that if you can, have you told your boss or do you want to wait?

I havent yet but I think I will next week. I am reporting to a different manager from Tuesday, based here in London so not so many late calls and he's very understanding so I'll let him know then. Ideally I didnt want to tell them just yet but I think I will, he'll keep it quiet :)

Thanks ladies, its good to know I am not alone in this, I feel like a wuss and I am probably more paranoid after losing my first preg but I just want to make sure the bubs is my main priority :)

xx

Very interesting thread Kizzy.

I am self employed and every few months move from contract to contract. I usually have to commute around 40 miles each way to work, although this current contract is a blessing at just 25 each way lol But that's still a good hour or more depending on traffic.

I'm usually out the house for 7:30/8:00am and not back in until around 7pm either.

I thought I was being a bit soft feeling like the days were very long just now.

In this modern day life we put ourselves under so much pressure just trying to get by.

I know I have an added worry of not getting any SMP and maybe, only maybe getting Maternity Allowance when Banana arrives. It also whacks the pressure on knowing that being self employed, I'm going to have to work as close to the point when Banana arrives as possible.

I tell you, we are all very strong woman and we should give ourselves a pat on the back.

Our men just don't know how easy they've got it! ;) :lmao:

Wish you all a very healthy and happy nine months ladies :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"