What made you test?

1Casey27

Reaction score
I'm just curious. What were the symptoms or reasons that made you test?

Hi.
I was on clomid so had ovulation confirmed and was dying to test so I'm slightly different. ... but I never had sore boobs other than during af, but I had sore boobs from 4dpo which was new for me and right enough I was pregnant. Good luck!

I had no symptoms at all. In fact, I had a "gut feeling" that I wasn't pregnant. I just wanted to confirm it with a test since I had just accepted a new job... and there it was, a BFP! I guess you can't trust your gut instincts lol. A friend of mine tried to get pregnant for almost 2 years before succeeding and she said every month she had a feeling she was pregnant and then got a BFN.

I was unusually late and I had sore boobs that wouldn't go away like it does with AF.

The metal taste is so bizzare! I don't have that one, but I had cramps from about 3dpo-10dpo and my boobs have hurting since 3dpo. I've been nausous here and there and crazy tired. I'm supposed to get my period tomorrow. So, I'm not pregnant. I just wanted to get some input. Thanks!

Here is what made me test: It was 2 and a half months before my wedding I had been working out 6 days a week 3 hours at a time and lost noooo weight. My scale that measures body fat stayed the same. I tested and it said negative... One of my breasts swelled and hurt really bad so I had to stop working out. When I got an ultrasound of it the tech kept saying she thinks I'm pregnant because my milk ducts had fluid in them. At that point I had taken 5 pregnancy tests that month so I told her it was not possible. The finial thing that made me do my pregnancy test that showed positive was on my wedding day I was craving pickles so bad I brought a half eaten jar to my wedding. It's my reception and I could do what I wanted lol. My friends that were at the wedding were insisting I was pregnant and for the millionth time I told them no. 3 days later before I left for my honeymoon I saw one test left. I had taken 12 why not finish the last one... It said positive and I did not belive it. So I went out and bought 4 more lol. All positive. My husband was so excited he almost threw up when I told him hahahaha! I'm 23 weeks today with a healthy baby girl <3

Here is what made me test: It was 2 and a half months before my wedding I had been working out 6 days a week 3 hours at a time and lost noooo weight. My scale that measures body fat stayed the same. I tested and it said negative... One of my breasts swelled and hurt really bad so I had to stop working out. When I got an ultrasound of it the tech kept saying she thinks I'm pregnant because my milk ducts had fluid in them. At that point I had taken 5 pregnancy tests that month so I told her it was not possible. The finial thing that made me do my pregnancy test that showed positive was on my wedding day I was craving pickles so bad I brought a half eaten jar to my wedding. It's my reception and I could do what I wanted lol. My friends that were at the wedding were insisting I was pregnant and for the millionth time I told them no. 3 days later before I left for my honeymoon I saw one test left. I had taken 12 why not finish the last one... It said positive and I did not belive it. So I went out and bought 4 more lol. All positive. My husband was so excited he almost threw up when I told him hahahaha! I'm 23 weeks today with a healthy baby girl <3

Wow. So you were around three months when you found out? That's crazy!!

I'm just curious. What were the symptoms or reasons that made you test?

I kept expecting my period, and it kept not coming. I went out and bought pads and tampons in expectation for my period and even brought them down with me to my OH's hometown for his nephew's second birthday party, fully expecting to get my period then. It didn't come, just kept having cramping like it was going to come, was irritable and a bit tired and peeing a lot. Then the next weekend again, no period. My cycle length can vary but I was pretty sure I'd never gone out to cd 41 without a period in at least the last year so I said, "Okay, I'll wait until cd 41 and if I don't get my period by then, I'll test." I hated the idea of testing because I thought I only had one pregnancy test left (I actually had two I later happily discovered!) and the cramps I was having had me so convinced I was getting my period, so I thought I'd humiliate myself by being fooled by my body once again as well as waste a perfectly good (and kind of expensive) pregnancy test. But then I tested on cd 41 and before I could even put the test down, there was the line! I couldn't believe it, so in the afternoon, after drinking and peeing a lot, I tested again, and it was positive again! Two BFP's, so strong that the test line was darker than the control on both! The rest is easy to figure out as you can see my ticker below :D I'm 10 weeks along now! What are your symptoms?

Oh yeah! And as pp said, the pickles! I started craving pickles that OH had in the house! I would have them on toast with mayo and salt. Thought that was a bit weird.

With DD1, I just ''knew''. After 2 miscarriages back to back I guess my body just knew when it was pregnant. But I tested too early and was like : ''come on stupid line, I KNOW you have to be there!!" Sure enough I tested the next day with FRER and got a blazing BFP :)

With this one I cried while watching RIO, a kid's movie I've many times and it never made me cry, so I knew something was up:haha: Again my buddy FRER told me I was right:happydance:

Wow. That's a lot. Haha. Congratulations!! I had cramps from about 3dpo-10dpo and my boobs have hurting since 3dpo. I've been nausous here and there (increasing more towards the end of the night) and crazy tired. I'm supposed to get my period tomorrow. I never ever get PMS symptoms. I only cramp the first day or two of my period. My boobs have never felt like this, but I don't want to get my hopes up just to be let down. I'm just going with the flow. I'd love it if I was pregnant, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. We'll see if I get my period tomorrow!

No symptoms, just had a feeling. Same with DD.

I'm sorry. This might be a little forward or weird, but you're gorgeous! And your little girl is so cute! Goodness. I can't get over it. I'm sorry if that's strange or weird, but I had to say it.

No symptoms, just had a feeling. Same with DD.

I'm sorry. This might be a little forward or weird, but you're gorgeous! And your little girl is so cute! Goodness. I can't get over it. I'm sorry if that's strange or weird, but I had to say it.

Oh gosh, thank you! I am blushing so much right now. You are too sweet. :blush:

I honestly thought I wasn't pregnant. Roughly a year ago, I found out my dear, 17 year old cat had liver cirrhosis and was going to slowly die from it. I had a couple of family dramas at the same time, and I was so stressed out, I actually missed a period altogether. Like, it blew out to 47 days, and I had never, EVER had to wait like that before. No masses came out, so I doubt it was a pregnancy. All the results were negative, the ultrasounds showed nothing going on in my uterus. I had been so emotionally wrought that my uterus just stopped working for a bit.

So when my period didn't come this month, I wasn't surprised as a couple of weeks ago I had to put Lenny to sleep (it was very, very difficult for me) as his kidneys were beginning to shut down and he had stopped eating, his liver was finally gone, etc etc. I am digressing. Point being, I was hit heavily by grief and emotional upset.

I assumed that I was having another Period Skipsy Time. I didn't notice any differences in my body. I was cramping and I assumed that meant that my period would start soon. Even my Mum, who'd had seven kids, assumed I was just having a delayed period.

What made me take a test was that I was stressing out, and I figured if I just took the damned test, then I'd know I wasn't pregnant and my period would start. Well, yeah, it didn't work out that way.

Five days later, and I so don't want any period now! Like, I'm worried about my future, as I'm not entirely settled yet (though in a stable situation, living with my parents in a nice big house), but my feelings about baby are solid and positive.

So, yeah. No real symptoms made me test. It wasn't until after the positive test outcome that I realised that the things I had been experiencing weren't what I thought they were. The sniffles I thought were from the slight cold I had weren't all due to the cold. The fact that I could taste EVERY different flavour in the tabouli I'd made was not due to me being a brilliant cook, but rather that my sensory organs are in overload. My boobs were bigger, but because I'm a D cup and I swell every period, I never really noticed. I was horribly tired, but I thought it was the damned cold I'd had.

I'm continually amazed how variant the experiences are in a biologically female body.

I got light brown spotting from 4dpo every couple days, which was wierd. My period was due on a wednesday and the sat and sunday before that i fell asleep on the couch in the arvo coz i was so exhausted wich i can never normly sleep during the day. So becoz of that i had a feeling that i was so tested on tuesday and it was a bfp :)

I actually tested on the sunday aswell but i thought it was negative only left it like 2min but when i got the positive on the tuesday i looked at the old test and it did have a very faint line so i could have known a couple days earlier but i rushed the first test :)

Ummm we had had an embryo transferred back a week earlier. Haha.

What made me test was a sudden and intense wave of nausea after my usual cup of green tea in the morning, a day or 2 before my period was due. I haven't been able to drink green tea since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->