What makes the TOP of the belly so hard?

Lara310809

Mum of 3 girls
Reaction score
It's a silly question, but I know the bottom of the belly gets hard because the uterus is pushing against it, but why is the top of the belly so hard?

Is it simply because everything is pushing up and the skin is stretched, or is it another reason? I have a paunch of fat on my lower belly, so it doesn't feel very hard to the touch, but the top of my belly is like a rock, and I know my uterus isn't that high yet!

Mine is the same! I just assumed it was everything getting pushed upwards to make room for the growing uterus:shrug:

I am sooo glad you asked this! I have been wondering this for a while now. Sorry I don't have an answer...but I'll be checking in to see what others have to say! :)

Yep its just everything that was originally lower down has been squashed together & pushed up there to accommodate your growing uterus xx

Good question!

Mine is also like that, I keep thinking it's bloat but it's really not...no idea what it could be - I don't really know what's going on inside me anymore, I don't even know where abouts the baby is inside me anymore!!!

:dohh:

Hope you get the answer you're looking for. :flower:

I think it's your abs that make it so hard. They've been pushed up and out by your stomach and intestines and stuff, which are pushed up by your uterus. But that's just my best guess :)

Agree with the others!

Apparently even our hearts get pushed up and to the side during pregnancy!

Its def not an easy thing on the bady is pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->