what newborn's weight makes you think ouch!

louisaL

Trying for number 1
Reaction score
when i was born i was 8lb 15oz i dont think of that as OMG i was so big and even when babies are born now if their 7lb something i actually think thats quite small (although i think its kind of average isnt it?)

what weight do you find yourself thinking oh thats a big baby?

it really gets me when people say the baby was a 'huge'/ 'whopping'/ massive' 8lb something.....

even 9lb something doesnt really make me go ouch! i think i only think it at 10lb +

sorry just woke up with a rant lol

i'm also worried cause if i have a baby at 8lb something and people start saying to me oh he was a big baby i am going to be thinking um do you mind no he wasnt! lol

My Mom is 4ft 9 and gave birth to my younger sister (now 25) and she was a WHOPPING 11lb 7!!!!!!!!!!!

my cousins just gave birth within 2 weeks of eachother one was 10lb 9 and the other 11lb OMG!!! OUCH!!!! LOL

but they both came through the sun roof! lol

xxxxxxxxxxxx

My Mom is 4ft 9 and gave birth to my younger sister (now 25) and she was a WHOPPING 11lb 7!!!!!!!!!!!

see now i can understand someone saying 'whopping' to that! lol

my cousins just gave birth within 2 weeks of eachother one was 10lb 9 and the other 11lb OMG!!! OUCH!!!! LOL

but they both came through the sun roof! lol

xxxxxxxxxxxx

ouchy!

i think babies are born bigger than they did say 30yrs ago too

My babies were 7lb 4, 6lb 4 and 6lb 4 again, so anything over 8lb seems massive for me!

ye i watched a documentry on bigger mums and bigger babies and all the whole if your big then your baby will be big but they proved it to be bollox, apparently alot of obese women have smaller babies but become bigger toddlers and have bigger growth spurts later on or sumin! it was really interesting to watch, but i really hope that i dont have a huge baby just cos im big lol
and like post war they looked at big babies and healthy not overwieght and gave loads of junk food cos rashioning had ended but now they look at bigger babies as overwieght and a bad thing! :(

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My 2nd was 10lb 5oz (C-section) but he didn't look huge & the midwife said at the time although he was heavy he wasn't big & he's only a tiny little thing now at 5 years old.
Newborns that are 11lb plus would make me think ouch!

I was 9lbs7 when I was born to my petit mum, so always though this was norm but have since realised this is bigger than average.

As my mums labour with me was fairly easy think I would be happy so long as it wasn't over 10lbs

My mum is 4'11, was 9 stone before she was pregnant, and I was 10lb 3/4oz :|

I was 6 11oz and so was my sister - DH was nearly 10lb when he was born and he is 6'4" and has size 13 feet - my god it will hurt when we get our little miracle!!! Anything that takes more than a sneeze to come out makes my eyes water!! xx

I think around the 10lb mark is big, My bub was 7lb 9oz and I think it's just average.

I know two friends one had 10 lb 7oz the other 11lb 3oz both delivered vaginally, ouch. :shock:

i think the 10lb mark makes my eyes water a little. does babies weight reflect on how heavy their parents were born?
Lou
xxx

i think the 10lb mark makes my eyes water a little. does babies weight reflect on how heavy their parents were born?
Lou
xxx

hi lou u ok?

apparently not someone was saying there was a program showing it. sometimes the bigger the parent the smaller the baby but they have bigger growth spurts in their toddler age which u have to keep an eye on

I was 7.5 lbs and my sister was the exact same weight, only she grew up like 6ft tall while i look like some mini dwarf lol

anything over that esecially like 10lbs makes me cringe. And i have a feeling i am having a big boy so i will need new bits lol

My lil girl was 9lb 14 1/2oz at birth, she was born naturally only just tho, she nearly had to be suckered out! I kept telling the MW I think this baby is big but she was like no I recon about 8lb!! yeah right! It took me 3 1/2 hours to push her out and it was eyewatering to say the least! 2nd babes are ment to be bigger:shock:I cant wait 4 no2 tho, giving birth was a amazing experience I cant wait to do it again.

I was 5lb 6oz 30 years ago and a 4 hour labour, mum was very lucky. A friend of mine just had a baby who came in at 10lb 7oz delivered naturally. I think the average weight now is about 8 +.

I just hope that I have the same luck as my mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"