What next?

have you asked him what kind of age gap he sees as ideal between his children? Maybe starting a discussion like that, which isn't directly talking about a date to TTC, but instead is asking about his input might get him to thinking about things from a different angle. I would be wondering what he thinks. What the age gap was between his siblings (if he has any) and just have him pondering about that type of family planning. Maybe he'll realize that things need a more definitive plan of action. That even if you TTC right now there would be a 3 year age gap. Wait any longer and that gap increases. Plus it would just be interesting to hear my husband's opinion on such matters! Bring it up very casual, in a non-confrontational way that is just a fun, interesting discussion :)

have you asked him what kind of age gap he sees as ideal between his children? Maybe starting a discussion like that, which isn't directly talking about a date to TTC, but instead is asking about his input might get him to thinking about things from a different angle. I would be wondering what he thinks. What the age gap was between his siblings (if he has any) and just have him pondering about that type of family planning. Maybe he'll realize that things need a more definitive plan of action. That even if you TTC right now there would be a 3 year age gap. Wait any longer and that gap increases. Plus it would just be interesting to hear my husband's opinion on such matters! Bring it up very casual, in a non-confrontational way that is just a fun, interesting discussion :)

That's a great idea actually! I might
Just try that as I bet he hasn't even thought about it properly! My plan was to start bringing it up in a more casual conversational way but I think I got a bit carried away.

Ok so I brought it up again and told him about my baby fever, I asked him if he could think I of any ways to help me with it and what he thought the ideal age gap was. He said he didn't know to either so is started Saying It might help me to know a rough time
Frame but I didn't want to make him feel more pressured. In the end I suggested a few months and he said maybe or maybe a bit longer. So that's a start I guess.

A few months is a start. Did you say you already have a child? Maybe give him a couple of weeks and then mention sleeping arrangements. If he wants them to share a room. If they already share you could maybe discuss the future layout and where he'd want to put the cot and ect

A few months is a start. Did you say you already have a child? Maybe give him a couple of weeks and then mention sleeping arrangements. If he wants them to share a room. If they already share you could maybe discuss the future layout and where he'd want to put the cot and ect

Yes we have a 2 year old. That's another great idea! He said he's really scared of having the next one (our first was really difficult as a baby and had feeding difficulties ). I just wish he'd sound excited about it instead of fearful. Maybe if I start talking about rooms/names etc he'll
Start feeling it.

Good idea. Names are fun even before you start TTC!

If means I can start getting excited again! When he said 'maybe a bit longer' let's hope he doesn't mean a lot longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->