What Nobody Told You About Trying to Conceive...

The main thing for me is really wishing someone had told me how much the pill can mess up your body, I've only just started TTC but was it has taken over 12 months off the pill for my cycle to even start to regulate and I still am not sure I'm ovulating. We did TTC briefly last year and at the start of this year, nothing happened either time. I wish it was as easy as stop pill and bang you're pregnant.

One of the most frustrating things for me is how many of the girls who were in my class or even the year below at school have added me on facebook and almost all of them have children.

i'm stunned, they are all so true.......

:hugs:

wow....

wish i couldnt associate with all of that but i can!!

In fact wish none of us on here knew what any of that feels like!! Maybe if we all wish hard enough.

xxx

All true......I thought I was the only one to feel so completely and utterly useless about my function as a woman........xxxxxxx

So Very Very True!

Escpecially the one about bringing such a lovely group of people together!!!

:hugs:

:hugs: try not to be too worried, but honestly there are alot of things on there at ttc after 2 months I can relate to - in my opinion (and you can ignore me if you don't agree) is that if you are on BC of some sort - come off now - I really thought that everything would go back to normal straight away and it hasn't - however everyone is different and you could have no problems

I agree! I was only on birth control for a year (3 yrs ago), because I didn't like the way it changed my moods (and I tried several brands). I just don't like the idea of messing with my hormones, no matter how safe I'm told it is. I hope being off it for 3 yrs will help me conceive without too long of a wait.

My only issue is that being pg after a m/c means that worrying about m/c or having a bad NT ultrasound are the things that are scaring me the most since I don't want to go through that again.

How do you get past the constant worry of m/c? Or also of those few glasses of wine I had before discovering I was pg? (and the night I got stinking drunk?)

god all of that is so true. its made me happy and depressed all at once....x

Wow, I welled up at some of those, especially the last one, as I have been doing that for the last year whilst 5 of my friends have announced their pregnancies, had their bubas and asked when I was going to start thinking about doing the same. :cry:

I read this the other night and was so emotional. We are so strong for enduring the joys and disappointments of TTC. For some, conception is so simple, so easy. And for others, it's like trying to perform a science experiment. It's hard to stay positive when hurt lurks at the corner. We are so strong, I'll say it again!:bodyb:

I really think forums like this are great for support, as people can speak freely about how they are feeling without having to wory about whether they are boring people by sounding like a stuck record. PMAs everyone; it will happen!

What a post. All so very ture.
We all know how you feel and you are not alone.
Dont give up
:hug::hugs:!!!

you have just summed up the whole of my life in one post :) x x
very very true!!

Fantastic.

I can identify with most of those points. Thanks for posting it hun x

Ok, don't shout at me, but did anyone else laugh and nearly cry in equal amounts over all of the list? I loved the one about knowing the ins and outs of everyone elses CM but not knowing their real names or occupations!!!!!!
I think this post is great, think I related with pretty much every line of it, but at the same time it made me chuckle!!
I promised myself I wouldn't get obsessed about TTC and think I POAS 6 days in a row last month even though I had only managed to :sex: once during the fertile window!!
I am glad that I have found this site so that I know there are other people out there going through the same thing as me.

Goodluck everyone, we will get there in the end!

Thank you for the list and the insight.
I came over to this section thinking I might have a helpful idea... but I guess the truth is, after 5 or 6 cycles a helpful 'idea' could turn into a motive for murder (mine) ;)

My MIL went through all this 35 years ago, I just feel so very lucky she's been so warm and embraced our news, even though I know the feelings from that list have never really left her.

My heart's behind you guys xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->