What not to say to a pregnant lady

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
:wacko::wacko:

I know people mean well and probably dont realise what they say but i find people say stuff that is probably best left unsaid as i realised last night on my work xmas party :haha:

Thought id start a list if anyone wants to add to it.....

- Its like squeezing a water melon thru the eye of a needle

- How does your diet coke taste? (this one pee'd me off i like diet coke and dont need vodka to have a good time!)

- You will probably poo during labour :dohh:

- I had stitches and couldnt wee properly for weeks

- You shouldnt wish for snow, you wont be able to enjoy it properly :cry:

Thats all i can remember for now :growlmad:
xx

"Are you sure on your dates, because you look huge!"

"Are you sure on your dates, because you look huge!"

same but with TINY!!! LOL

plus wait and see your life will change forever and you wont be able to do anything. uhm hello it's not like I very young to want to go to bars every night :) It was a very planned grown up decision at 32!!!!!

Ha ha i get,

"Do you not have a tv?"

"Do you not know what causes it yet?"

"well it is what you wanted" this is what my OH told me when i could harly walk coz me hip was hurting so bad. i think he was trying to lighten the mood...it didnt work :growlmad:

You think that hurts? Wait until labour!!!

:dohh:

arrrrgh that one really gets to me!!! :gun: And what cracks me up the most, is half of the people that say it havent even gone through labour before :dohh:

Agreed that one is the best so far. Let's see we are too tiny/too huge, won't be able to cope with labor, and won't have any life after that. Gee what was I thinking, you should have told me earlier, I would have most certainly changed my mind. DUH!

You think that hurts? Wait until labour!!!

:dohh:

arrrrgh that one really gets to me!!! :gun: And what cracks me up the most, is half of the people that say it havent even gone through labour before :dohh:

Agreed that one is the best so far. Let's see we are too tiny/too huge, won't be able to cope with labor, and won't have any life after that. Gee what was I thinking, you should have told me earlier, I would have most certainly change my mind. DUH!

:rofl:

lol
My nan made me chuckle bless her..... "did you know you wern't using contraception?!"
:haha:

" are you sure its not twins " i also get the ones about not having a tv they really piss me off but my worst one ever was when my son was about a week or 2 weeks old and i saw one of my friends (bearing in mind i am pushing a buggy with a babby in at this point) she said " have you not had him yet " oooh i could have ripped her head off her sholders i know i put on weight but what a bitch lol xx

lol
My nan made me chuckle bless her..... "did you know you wern't using contraception?!"

I've had "Oh! So it was planned then?" Uhhh, yes? Just because I'm young doesn't mean it wasn't planned!

And then "So I take it you're keeping it?".........:dohh:

xx

Ha ha i get,

"Do you not have a tv?"

"Do you not know what causes it yet?"

Yeah..I shut up one very obnoxious neighbor when he said that..I simply told him that we did, and we even have the video if he wanted to see it! Oh, we never talked with them much after that!

'You're uncomfortable now, just wait until your bump gets bigger'

'Are you really that far gone, gosh I was sooo much bigger than you are now'

'You absolutely must come to my xmas party because I probably won't see you once your baby comes' - :growlmad: Said to me by a so called friend!

about a month ago i got off my 'best friend'

- When you start to really look pregnant instead of just fat you will be ok!

Urm, yeah thanks! Id only put on 5lbs it was all baby!

"It's only early days yet"

I still get that even though I'm 18 weeks on Friday!! At any stage through pregnancy, I think that's such a horrible thing to say to someone...as if we're not worryin enough!!

You girls have made me laugh though lol some of your comments are really funny xx

Ooh I have another to add... My stepmum keeps making comments (doesn't usually talk to me much about kids...or anything) about how hard being a mum is, how much she struggles with her kids etc etc.... It's almost like she's trying to convince me out of having a baby.... BIT LATE!!! :rofl:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"