What not to say to a pregnant lady

My worst one so far i'd say was from the doctor, I went in to just confirm I was pregnant and he said here is a few sheets on contraception!!!! I was speachless!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Without meaning to be rude.. Is that not something that should be handed out BEFORE you get a pregnancy confirmed :rofl::rofl::rofl:

xxxxx

When I was at work on Monday I was having a general chat with my manager and she started asking about the pregnancy etc and she said "how far gone are you now". To which i replied "4 and a half months".. She replied with "ooh you've got ages yet" =|..

An then further on in the conversation I mentioned that I was terrified of the pain of giving birth to which she looked at my bump and said
"You're four and half months gone and look at you... Your tiny.. I don't think you've got anything to worry about".... HA... AH HA.. AAAAHHHHH....Twat

Why is it people only think " far gone " is like 39 weeks and 6 days..? :rofl:

I know!! Their stupid lol. While I'm thinking along the lines of "OH MY GOD only 4 and a half months intill the baby's here.. Gotta do this and that and need to make sure I don't forget to do that and oh crap did I do that.." etc.. People like her are probably thinking.. "Look at that silly cow rushing around like the baby's gonna come tomorrow" :rofl:

xxxxx

4 months can go so quick though, anytime after 37 weeks the baby can come really x

When I was at work on Monday I was having a general chat with my manager and she started asking about the pregnancy etc and she said "how far gone are you now". To which i replied "4 and a half months".. She replied with "ooh you've got ages yet" =|..

An then further on in the conversation I mentioned that I was terrified of the pain of giving birth to which she looked at my bump and said
"You're four and half months gone and look at you... Your tiny.. I don't think you've got anything to worry about".... HA... AH HA.. AAAAHHHHH....Twat

Why is it people only think " far gone " is like 39 weeks and 6 days..? :rofl:

I know!! Their stupid lol. While I'm thinking along the lines of "OH MY GOD only 4 and a half months intill the baby's here.. Gotta do this and that and need to make sure I don't forget to do that and oh crap did I do that.." etc.. People like her are probably thinking.. "Look at that silly cow rushing around like the baby's gonna come tomorrow" :rofl:

xxxxx

4 months can go so quick though, anytime after 37 weeks the baby can come really x

That's what I tried to explain to her when I was in her ear about my risk assessment and needing to know what I'm entitled to maternity pay wise so I can plan ahead.. But again she said I've got ages to go so nothing to worry about lol xxxx

I've hardly told anyone yet :blush: But when I do, I get 'are you keeping it?'
OBVIOUSLY you TWAT.

OBVIOUSLY you TWAT.

Grr, that annoyed me & I got it off quite a few people just because I hadn't been with my boyfriend long before I fell people just like to assume. :growlmad:

I HATE the 'was it planned question' : I don't understand people's need to know this?! I'm 24 so young-ish but married with a mortgage and we're both fully qualified so not unstable in the slightest....grrr and even if it wasn't planned??? Does that mean you shouldn't be as happy? Bloody nosey parkers!

Also when people tell me that I can't drink. I am not thick. I know that. It's still MY choice not to drink - not because you tell me I can't!

And for a first-timer I really don't appreciate hearing people's nightmare labour stories... I'm not expecting it to be a bed of roses but purleeeze...if I don't ask, don't tell me!

Oh and people telling us our lives will change forever! I bloody hope so that's why we're having a baby!

I don't think my hormones help!! xxxxxxxx

OBVIOUSLY you TWAT.

Grr, that annoyed me & I got it off quite a few people just because I hadn't been with my boyfriend long before I fell people just like to assume. :growlmad:

I'm still getting it now!! It's like, HELLO, would I really be showing you scan pictures/telling you it's a girl? Would I even tell you? Would I actually be 18 weeks pregnant?! :dohh:
I assume I get it because I'm only 19 and it wasn't planned. I don't tell people I'm not with FOB because I know they'd judge me even more, when it's 1000% not my fault :lol:

I just got "She should really be on prenatals..." from EVERYONE (usually talking to DH)... Uhhh, I was on prenatals for quite some time before we conceived - another sign they think Bean was an accident... :dohh:

xx

I have had...."do you have a telly" "I guess it wasnt planned then" and the best one.."Oh you must have a fanjo like a bucket by now..bet the baby will just drop out!!"

Im expecting baby number 5..very much planned!

I got a few that really bug me

after i post belly photos on myspace
"wow, Your so tiny, wait until you get bigger"
and i just think .. i thought i was coming along nicely :(

and..

"wow, you still have awhile to go"
Im 6 months.. i thought that was pretty far along. I mean after all little bubs can live outside the womb with the help of NICU. Does that count for nothing?

oooh, good ones!

- make the most of XXXX now, you won't be able to do it for much longer... (going to the cinema, gym, lying in...)

- your stomach doens't go flat straight away afterwards you know

no sh*t sherlock...if i'd known that then i wouldn't have bothered...!

I HATE when people say "wow you sure have to wee a lot" and my other favorite is "you don't look pregnant, just chubby", I almost cried the first time someone said that to me.

"you wait it's going to get worse"- doesn't help! And the alcohol thing- Like I really want to swap my baby for a night on the piss! Come on ya have to grow up sometime!!!

https://i.baby-gaga.com/crtn/cartoon22.png

This cartoon pretty much sums up everything. I don't really get asked if I am pregnant a lot, because I am not showing so much ( :growlmad: ) but when I do become big, I am going to get me one of these shirts!

Dunno if it's a boy or girl though, and my due date is May 7th :)

This should so be a sticky!

I get:

"S**t, you get fatter every time I see you" EVERY time I see my brother!!

"Are you sure you should be doing_______________, you know your pregnant" What, I'm pregnant! Why didn't anyone tell me!!!

"Make sure you eat enough, your baby needs it" No really, and here I was thinking I could live off nothing...pfft

"When I was in labour......." Followed by the most horrendous stories. Thanks, I really needed to hear that.

"Are you sure you should still be working" Yes, I'm pregnant, not a flaming invalid.

"Oh, you have ages to go yet" No really, I'd forgotton!.

"Why are you buying this/that/the other, I never used one/used this brand etc" Good for you, now piss off and let me buy what I want to!

Got to love the hormones!!!!

"You're eating again?!" or "You just ate!"

Yep, my baby likes to suck it all up the first time. Hence me eating every hour. lol. Leave me be!!!

Ooh I missed this thread, love it!

One I had last week, 'have you bought any maternity clothes yet' Well do I really look as though this stomach would stretch through my normal clothes....or was this woman implying I normally look pregnant?

Or 'are you going to find out what you are having' No, even when it's born I am going to cover up it's privates and never ever know.

RAAAARRRRR!!!

I agree that the one that bothers me the most is 'Was it planned or a surprise?' None of anyone's flippin business! So rude!!

OBVIOUSLY you TWAT.

I HATE THAT QUESTION!

It's like...

Why would I even say anything about it if i wasn't?!

Agreed...the last two especially...grrrrr!

And the comments on how "tiny" I am...love the pic Maytobe! :D

One bloke, who I hardly even know...just a customer from work...asked me on Facebook how bump was coming along, then when I just said "growing" he replied "How about the boobs?" WTF...like it's ANY of his business....this is from the same bloke who said "congrats I think", then when I said "you think?" he replied "well I never had you down as the maternal type"! How the f*** would he even know?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->