what now?

livi

Reaction score
Hi all,
Well, I had my laperoscopy 3 weeks ago, they found mild endometreosis. Thats it! Has anyone else had the same thing? And where do I go from here? I know that some time in the near future I will have an outpatients appointment. I hope my consultant suggests something positive. Have been feeling very very down about things since my op. (probably not helped by having a constant cold since december).
Everybody seems to be getting pregnant around me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them, but when it's in your face at work and in my private life, it gets really difficult. It feels like it's just me whos having problems ttc. God, I sound like a right misery guts, but thats just the way I'm feeling. :( :cry: :cry: :(

If I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel, then I think I would be a little less upset and more positive.
So if theres anyone out there who knows where I go from here, then I would love to hear from you.
Also got a smear this month again. Supposed to be having them every 6 months, due to cell changes.

Sorry again to be such a misery. :(

Hiya Livi :hugs:

Mild is good? A little answer is good (ish)? Did they not tell you what could be next after your results? How endometriosis is treated whist TTC? Do you have access to the EPU? I always rang them when I had questions. I hope your appointment comes through soon x

I think progesterone is an option that could be used Livi but I’m not 100% sure.

I just found this statement

“Those with mild endometriosis have as much chance of conceiving as any other woman”

“According to various studies done on women dealing with endometriosis, around 75% to 80% of women may succeed in getting pregnant”

“The good news, though, is that when a doctor diagnosis your case with laparoscopy, he may also remove the scarred tissues. This may not help in permanent eradication of endometriosis, but for an approximate period of 36 weeks, you can increase your chances of getting pregnant to around 75%.”

Read the website :D

https://www.womens-health.co.uk/endo8.html

Don’t be sorry either :hugs:

Thanx hun.
I'll read it in a mo. It's just so bloody frustrating.
Now the op is out the way, I want the outpatients appointment to come through so i can make a plan!

It's good to know that there is still a good chance for me.
OHs sperm count is on the low side of normal aswell, so have been feeding him up with zinc, selenium and every mineral and vitamin going 4 the past 6 months!!!!

Thanks for the :hugs: :hugs:
i really appreciate it!
Hope all is ok with you! Any news?

Once you get that appointment in things start to look up - they really do! As up as up can be at the same time :hugs:

Have my fingers crossed for you Livi

I'm doing ok - Plodding along & on our way to moving we just need a house :rofl:

x

hello livi
im sue 32 ive had endometriosis since i was 23 diagnosed with laparoscopy
at that time i had one child but knew the option was there for more suddenly it was as if the option had been taken away from me i was put on the pill for 3 months a break then 3 months then after it wasnt working i went on the depo injection straight away this is given in your hip once a month and stops your periods or makes them light it worked well for me i came off it when i realised it was time to try for a baby it took me 7 months to fall pregnant but i did get there in the end
after the baby was born i went on the pill monthly periods again meant terrible pain this was when the baby was 10 months old i knew it had returned so my second laparoscopy was booked and again revelaed spotting of endometriosis all over the pelvic region including my uretha tube which meant lasering it off impossible i was given a bleak outlook and put back on depo which i remained on for just over 2 years when i started spotting again pain was on the return so back to the hospital
this time i was given the option of trying an implant in the stomach called zoladex you have it monthly and can only have 6 sessions it puts you through a fake menopause it was heaven no pain for 6 months!!! the hot sweats where a pain but being period and pain free was a compensation
after the treatement had finished i was then put on depo tablets they again stop the bledding these worked well until i developed an allergic reaction :roll:
back to the hospital again :lol: this time it was decided to try me on the implanon implant in the arm another progestrone hormone (this is good for women as when it comes out your fertilty returns within 24 hrs) i wasnt keen but agreed as they said hysterectomy may be another option :shock: this was when i was about 28 i stayed on this treatment for almost 2 years stopped my periods again it was heaven best treatment so far until the spotting and pain happened again got so bad it was every 7 days :roll: so back for another hospital app and another laparoscopy this was about 2 years ago its still there :roll: i was put back on the pill for 6 months at a time then a break then 6 months all in a bid to stop my periods therefore stop the growth of endometriosis i did this for just over a year until my blood pressure shot up last year at the moment i am on the mini pill been on it for 14 months only same old problem again so im having a hormone test and then doc wants me back on the depo injection im not keen as it makes me moody :lol: but its that or spotting every 5 days as it is at the moment
i know this is a rambling and a half for you but wanted you to know the options that are there for you 8) it isnt all bleak ive controlled mine now for 8 years it hasnt got any worse and i did got on to have another child after being diagnosed and so did my sis keep positive :hugs:

Welcome to BabyandBump Sue :wink: :lol:

Thankyou Sue. It's great to hear words of encouragement, and a sucess story aswell.
Thing is, I would not have really known I'd had endo unless the lap had shown it up. It's only cause I had a bit of pain and bleeding and was still not PG after 7 months of trying. I have no symptoms anymore at all. it only seemed to appear when I came off the pill, and only lasted for 3 months really. Since then, no symptoms, apart from no baby!!!
Think my body was put together wrong! Like the raggy dolls!!! Does anyone remember them!!! Ha ha!

Raggy dolls haha yer!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/wickedangelx/Forum%20Pics/raggy_group250.jpg

livi said:
Thankyou Sue. It's great to hear words of encouragement, and a sucess story aswell.
Thing is, I would not have really known I'd had endo unless the lap had shown it up. It's only cause I had a bit of pain and bleeding and was still not PG after 7 months of trying. I have no symptoms anymore at all. it only seemed to appear when I came off the pill, and only lasted for 3 months really. Since then, no symptoms, apart from no baby!!!
Think my body was put together wrong! Like the raggy dolls!!! Does anyone remember them!!! Ha ha!
the pill does help contol painful periods and heavy bleeding as im sure you know maybe that's why your symptoms are better while on it
for me its agony but they did show me some pictures after my last op it looks just like a load of ulcers dotted all over the place there is another type which is webbing and looks like a spiders web and causes more heavy bleeding than pain i think that one is worse did you know emma bunton aka baby spice has it too ?? she has just announced her pregnancy it seems to become a lot more widespread the past few years when i was diagnosed i didnt know anyone with it oh and before you go to your app that's if you havent been write down all of your concerns and ask them as i used to go in with a load of questions come out and forget the ones i wanted answering so had to wait until my next appointment

Wobbles said:
Raggy dolls haha yer!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/wickedangelx/Forum%20Pics/raggy_group250.jpg

I used to watch that, completley forgot!

Any news on your outpatients appointment Livi?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->