What on earth is going on?

Wtbam

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I would just like to pick your brains. I had DD1 last November and have breastfed on demand ever since. At around 9 months I dropped a feed or two and my periods returned.

Since then I have had:

Cycle #1: 23 Days, followed by normal period
Cycle #2: 25 Days, followed by normal period
Cycle #3: 18 Days, followed by normal period
Cycle #4: 25 Days, ovulated on D12 (confirmed by pos OPK plus EWCM), followed by very heavy period started on 13DPO
Cycle #5: 14 days, followed by light period

Why are my cycles so short? I am still breastfeeding, approximately 3-4 feeds during the day and anything from 3-5 feeds during the night, could this be the issue?

Yes, I would definitely assume it's because you're still BF. I went back on the pill and 'forced' regular (obviously non-ovulatory) cycles after BF, never had a natural period on my own. But among my friends, none of them really got normal cycles back until they dropped to just morning and night feeds. The ones who are still feeding throughout the day and night haven't gotten regular cycles back, so I would definitely assume that's what it is.

Totally agree with MindUtopia that it will be because you're still bf :) xx

You might find that the very short cycles are due to not ovulating as you are BF'ing still. Once the feeds drop then the hormones will change. It will be very similar to coming off a pill x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->