What postion is baby in?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by zenmommy526, Mar 27, 2010.

1. zenmommy526

zenmommy526 Well-Known Member

Right now I am feeling kicks underneath my rib. He's literally kicking me in the stomach and ribs! Its very uncomfortable. So if I am feeling kicks so high up, what kind of position is he in? Could he be transverse and just stretching out all the way up there? What kind of position is your baby in?

2. LankyDoodle

LankyDoodle Well-Known Member

If you are having kicks high up then your baby would most likely be cephalic longitudinal, so head down (cephalic) and lying vertically. But make sure what you are feeling are really kicks.

My baby is cephalic. Her head is well down and engaged, her back is facing my left side, her bum is facing my chin and her legs are out in front of her to my right so almost stretched towards my liver. I haven't had any movements near my ribs because of her positioning and because I'm pretty tall I guess. The movements I was feeling were weird and I was sure that I was getting kicks down low and she'd turned, but then I had a scan last week and it showed why the movements were strange and all over the place.

Your baby sounds like he is head down, but you're only 30 weeks pregnant and he might change several times before your due date.

3. zenmommy526

zenmommy526 Well-Known Member

its def. kicks. Its the weirdest feeling. The other day he had the hiccups and it was right in the middle underneath my belly button. Thats why I too thought he must be head down. He is very stubborn about his positions so I'm sure he'll be moving plenty before his arrival!