What pushchair is everybody opting for? Are the expensive ones worth it!?!

Sasha92

TTC #1 FX team pink
Reaction score
Hi Everybody ^_^

Just wandering what pushchairs/ pram everybody has been looking at and to get some advice.

This is my first child and i have fallen in LOVE with the Egg Limited Edition Jurassic Cream pushchair which is about £1200 for the full package but I'd need to buy a car seat separately.

I've been reading from a few other posts that it's not worth spending so much on a pushchair as they grow so quickly/ don't use them that much.

Any advice?

I have gone through lots of pushchairs as you never really know which ones are good until you are using it! My favourite was the oyster max (at the time for a newborn and 2 year old) easily converted from signal to double and a delight to push. I think a travel system is so worth it as putting a carseat straight onto the pram makes life so much easier!
I have bought a second hand icandy peach this time! Excited to test it out! Good luck on your search! Xx

My travel system was £400 for carrycot, stroller with foot muff, nappy bag and raincover. The car seat would've been another £150 (although it's often on offer as a £500 package) If you are dead set on the pram try and find a shop that has it on display so you can push it around and put it up and down. I know a few people buy absolutely awful ones for steering, some are downright dangerous! Also think realistically about having a carrycot and car seat how you'll use them in your situation. It says the stroller can't be used before 6 months but there is no way DD will fit in her carrycot for much more than another month, she is 9 weeks old and weighs 30th percentile! I use it all the time (because I have a multistage car seat that stays put)so feel like I'm getting my moneys worth from it. my stroller reclines fully so will be alright a bit earlier, obviously won't put it completely upright but I think the warnings are to cover themselves in case someone does. Look for guarantees and upper weight limits as well although if you have a tall child you may find yourself upgrading to a bigger stroller earlier as the travel systems tend to be quite compact

With my first son I purchased a cheap-ish travel system. I walk with my son and dogs, 5km a day so we put on a lot of mileage.
After a few months I got fed up with the mediocre steering and purchased a quinny buzz and fell in love

This pregnancy I am looking at the stokke xplory or a bugaboo. I will buy basically everything second hand but a stroller and car seat are the two things I will happily spend an arm and a leg on.

I buy expensive pushchairs, always a travel system. I won't put a newborn in something flimsy. I need a double this time so I'm looking at the new Icandy orange, I love icandys and it seems perfect for my age gap.

For me a pram/ travel system is something I'm happy to spend money on to get a decent one, a travel system is a must have for me as I want to be able to click the car seat straight onto the chassis on the school run, just makes my life easier and quicker when I've got the other three to watch as well. It's also something I wouldn't buy second hand.
Me and OH have been looking at the silvercross wayfarer and the Chico urban plus.... I really like the bugaboo chameleon but OH isn't keen!

It's definitely worth buying a travel system as the package works out better value for money. As others have said try and test the pram you want out so you know what you're getting - I didn't with my first and ended up buying a bulky travel system that I despised. It was awkward, difficult to fold and fiddly.

This time around I pushed a few different types of prams. I settled on a Silver Cross Wayfarer in aubergine and I am so so in love with it. It's easy to push, light weight, easy to fold and all the bits fit together no problem. I also bought the isofix for ease as I anticipate havibg 2 children to be more awkward haha.

If you have the money then I don't see a problem spending it. A problem will be well used and you can always sell it on.

It's the baby show this weekend in Birmingham and I know the organisers as I used to exhibit so I'm going to test loads of them over the weekend.

I also couldn't imagine buying a second hand one just because children chew everything and I don't feel comfortable with my child chewing something somebody else's child has already chewed on lol I did consider it for a short time but I think I will go for the pram I want :D

I'm happy to pay out for a decent pushchair eAch time. I really believe you get what you pay for.

This time I need a double so I've gone for a bugaboo donkey. I bought it early as I had the opportunity to get an ex display one for £500. Saved me around £750.

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/32401D6B-3C73-41E2-8F8C-4DEA38D83878_zpsp2p4ok1y.jpg

I think an expensive pushchair resells well usually. I had a bugaboo bee3 for Freya, paid £550 (issue in mamas and papas saved me £80) and resold for £350.

My favorite was the baby jogger city mini double. We used it for more than a year but now it seems to get stuck on folding and unfolding. While it was working it was really perfect, though.

We are going to get the Ickle Bubba Stomp V2 travel system in red and black, I am SO excited, I can't wait to buy it!!

I'm happy to pay out for a decent pushchair eAch time. I really believe you get what you pay for.

This time I need a double so I've gone for a bugaboo donkey. I bought it early as I had the opportunity to get an ex display one for £500. Saved me around £750.

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/32401D6B-3C73-41E2-8F8C-4DEA38D83878_zpsp2p4ok1y.jpg

I think an expensive pushchair resells well usually. I had a bugaboo bee3 for Freya, paid £550 (issue in mamas and papas saved me £80) and resold for £350.

That's an amazing price for the donkey...I'm super jealous!

That really was a great price!

Yeah I want to go for the Egg I'm going to go and see it at the baby show this weekend. Can't wait :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->