what really sucks

I'm not sure if doula's or midwives cost $ here in Ontario. Reading on how much health insurance is in the US makes me glad I live in Canada where it's covered. I do have to pay for the iron pills my doctor prescribed me where the cost varies at different stores. When I bought it last month it was $18 for 30. I should buy another pack soon.

I hear ya! Minimum wage from what I hear is pretty minimal too... What is it in ONT?

I know what you mean about men worrying about the finances!

Fortunately, here in germany you have to have health insurance and they cover a lot too, i think pretty much anything that could be wrong with you except some dental things or procedures or medication that may not be the standart for a particular disease or something.
When you have a job, you pay half of it and the employer the other half, if you're unemployed the government pays all. Obviously that means the taxpayers pay health insurance for unemployed people but i'd rather "pay for other's insurance" than have to deal with potentially not having health insurance if i happen to lose my job.. but that's a whole other debate haha

Anyway, my OH is really worried about finances too, but I feel like we'd manage just fine. We went on two vacations this year, moved house, don't necessarily have to buy the cheapest stuff when grocery shopping etc and treat ourselves to like a couples massage or movies or eating out.
But it's difficult making men see things like we do, i feel like for them it's often a "i believe it when i see it" type thing. Like i bet when we do have a baby he'll start thinking "huh, i guess i did worry a bit too much".

Or at least i hope so

Finances have us as well too. I feel like we would be fine in our current position, because SO many people I know are experiencing it right now (which of course adds to the baby hunger). However, we're expecting a boost in income soon from new jobs, and would like to be in a house first (currently in an apartment).

As for insurance, I read that sometimes you can still qualify for the free government insurances even if your income is above the original cut off. The look at whatever insurance that's currently available, say through work, and if it shows you can't afford the premiums, deductible, and other cost you'd qualify for assistants. I don't have personal experience, just what I've read.

In our position, like I mentioned above, we are very close to boosting our income. I know it's terrible but it almost seems like we should take advance of the assistance now, and save thousands of dollars!

(P.S. I have private health insurance, but my deductive is really high. We wouldn't be able to afford it.)

I also think it's crazy that if your pregnancy runs over to another calendar year, you have to pay your deductible all over again! I've seen some people didn't have problems with this, but others have. I guess it depends on your doctor & provider.

This is our exact issue as well. I'm 21 and OH is 32. We want to start ttc so bad but our financial situation isn't the best. Mine and his salary just get us through the month and we literally can't afford another cent for a baby.

Medical aid/health insurance will costs us a minimum of R2000 which is about 200 dollars I think.

It's a tough one. I hope something good comes a long soon for you ladies so you can have your babas xx

I've noticed a lot of similar ages differences in this theard! I'm 20 & my OH is 29.

That makes me feel comforted because our age difference is 20 years... so it makes me feel not so weird to see so many others with some kind of age difference.

That makes me feel comforted because our age difference is 20 years... so it makes me feel not so weird to see so many others with some kind of age difference.

Love is love. Can't help who you fall in love with and I don't think it really matters what the age difference is as long as it's pure and genuine. Obviously not in it for the money :p

I am completely where you are at! We are having to wait to start trying because I need to get a full time job with benefits. He has a steady job but the pay isn't enough for us and a baby & we want a house first and there's no way we can just do that on his salary. I am not a patient person! I hate waiting for things that I really want like this lol.

I'm hoping that if I got a full time job immediately we could start trying sooner but who knows...I've put in a million applications and no one is calling back! :( So frustrating!

I understand how you feel, we have put it off again and again because of things like money, house, travel etc etc. I think there comes a point where you just have to do it otherwise you'll be putting it off forever!

I understand how you feel, we have put it off again and again because of things like money, house, travel etc etc. I think there comes a point where you just have to do it otherwise you'll be putting it off forever!

That's very true. I think there's a right time to have a child when you're ready but never a perfect time.

Good news guys! I have an interview for a job with insurance benefits and we have three months till we will TTC! Maybe DH won't want to put it off after all... well, he might still, but we will see, its a step in the right direction. Ive been watching 'one born every minute' episodes all day long, its pathetic! LOL

Sounds great! Did you already talk to him about it after the good news?

Well I still have yet to know if I've gotten the job, but if i get it, we would just need to pay off a little bit of debt, which we might be able to do within the next few months, but as soon as I get the insurance going im going to tell him im getting my copper IUD taken out. Since my AF cramps are unbearable because of it. Also I think that will make him motivated to TTC sooner because he won't want to have to worry about trying to be careful very long haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->