what setting on ff do u use?

itsnowmyturn

Reaction score
Basically I just want everyone's opinions on what setting on fertility friend to use. iv looked through them all and 3 of them give me different o dates.

I'm pretty positive I od on cd22, if I use the advanced of fam it puts me oing at cd 24 because my temp didn't go up until cd25 however I think it took a couple of days for my temp to rise. If I use the research setting it puts me oing at cd21 and if I use opk setting it puts me at 22. I use another app which put me at cd21 but I think it just goes on a pos opk and highlights the next 2 days as possible o days.

Which setting is best and what is the fam and.research settings? I just don't want to think I'm more dpo than I am and feel like I'm waiting longer or test early and be disappointed particularly as I'm trying to hold out until missed af x

I used advance..it's a combination of all your fertility signs and any other input (cp, cm, opk's, etc) you enter. FAM didn't work for me because FAM is based strictly on your bbt and a solid thermal shift with a rise in temperature for at least 3 days that is higher than the previous 6 temperatures. I would get fairly significant fall back rises about 2-4 dpo that sometimes dipped below my coverline so it would always kick out my O date. Research is pretty interesting but in all my cycles that I would switch "just to see" what date it gave me it was wrong about 1 out of 3 times. Research incorporates data from other charts FF has accumulated (a lot!) over the years on top of everything else.

For me personally Advanced worked best but that is only because I was entering all possible data. If I had left off opk's and or cm it would have been wrong quite a few times too!

Here's a link- https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Fertility-Friend-Interpretation-Methods.html

Thanks for the link. I think I will stick with the advanced for now but my line is still dashed not solid. i pretty positive i od cd22 so Il go from that and if I start af around the time i think il manually change it

Advanced. I didn't even realise you could change it til I read this. Advanced is the default.

Thanks. does it give u the correct o date in ur opinion? Maybe my cm, opk and temps confused it, I think it doesn't take into account that nkt everybodies temp shoots up the day following o

I'm pretty sure it's only given me the correct date once (Can't be totally sure). I have PCOS so it's harder to predict. But I always disagree with FF, as I think I have a slow temp rise, it always says a few days later than I think.

I use advanced and its always (except once) been right for me, all other settings agree with the ovulation date that the advanced setting picks up.

I use advanced and its always (except once) been right for me, all other settings agree with the ovulation date that the advanced setting picks up.

I just had a look at your charts...they are textbook perfection!! Wish mine were like that!

Lol sounds like ur temp rise is a little like mine this month, it didn't rise until the third day maybe thats the only reason advance isnt picking it up. Il manually change it when af shows x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->