What shall i do ?

casann

mummy
Reaction score
First off sorry i'm always doing depressing threads ... i will be back to my fun old self eventually ( not that any of you girls would know )

Secondly i know this is more of a pregnancy question but seen as all you girls have already gone through it thought i'd ask you your opinions

So I'm 26 weeks pregnant and for the past few days my stomche has become increasingly campy and uncomfortable . I put this down to trapped wind but with these other symptoms i'm not sure .

Since this morning i have been getting a stabbing pain that comes and comes very frequently on the right hand side where you'd feel period pains . Also i've been experiencing really bad ones of these .

Also I've felt very sick since these pains have started and my stomach has also been getting worst . I have also lost alot of mucus ( this is normal for me but the past few days there have been lot .

I rung the hospital who said i need to get checked out only i have to travel o Wakefield hospital which is 40 min away and i have no way of getting there :(

Does anyone know what all these things could be . Could they be normal . I'm really worried and don't know what to do . I tried my doctors who just passed me on and gave me a number that doesn't work .

Thanks girls x

Sorry hun, I don't have any advice, but didn't want to read and run :hugs: Can you not ask someone to drive you? I'd definately get checked, better to be safe than sorry. Hope everything is okay.

x

Sorry hun, I don't have any advice, but didn't want to read and run :hugs: Can you not ask someone to drive you? I'd definately get checked, better to be safe than sorry. Hope everything is okay.

x

Don't have anyone to ask :( but thank you for the reply xxx

Could you ring your normal midwife and get her to check you out. Then if she was worried they would arrange transport for you to et to the hospital if you said you can't get there? X

It sounds like labor pains to me...

Drink some water and lay on your left side? If they don't go away I'd call your emergency line (is it 999 over there? It's 911 here).

I'd definitely get checked out if they said you should. As Steph said could you get your MW to check you out? I'm sure she wouldn't mind! xx

Hope everything's ok! :hugs: Defo get checked out! x

I would get it checked out. Like someone else has said,its better to be safe than sorry. I hope everything turns out ok x

I rung my midwife and she said she would ring me back - that was 3 hours ago and she's now out of hours . I tried lying on my side and that didn't help and i just had a hot bath which helped whilst i was in but now pain are coming pack . The sharp pain has changed to cramps now . The hospital said i would not be allowed an ambulance as it not classed as a medical emergency as they want to check me out and nnothing major is happening like i can still walk and ot bleeding ect . So frustrated . There must be something that can be done for me to be checked out tonight . Like there;s on call doctors and must be midwives who come home but everyone keeps passing me to a different place :(

Just keep on and on at them hun, it definatly needs to be checked out. Just ring very 5 mins till they send someone! Lol

Whoa they can DENY you an ambulance? Weird! That cant be done here.

I'd definitely insist you be seen. Even you call and say something like "I have a son and these pains remind me of my labor with him.". Even if its a lie, perhaps theyll take it more seriously.

Yeh I know my cousin called an ambulance when she had stomach pains at 30 weeks.
Like someone said on here, they would rather come out to a scared pregnant girl than a drunk iykwim?
I feel worried for you! Let us know what happens and if ur ok x

I shall and thank you . And yes they can deny you one unless you pay or an absolute emergency as they're trying to save money and cutting of of things off the NHS . They won't even pick you up if your in labor unless there's a complication !!

Wow I didnt know they didnt pick you up in labour! What if you don't drive and have no-one to take you?! Can you get a doctor to come out to your house? If you ring out of hours and say you dont drive and have no way of getting to the surgery (I'm assuming thats the case!) they SHOULD send one out to you... I think! Hope you get sorted and its not anything serious xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->