What she said tonight...

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by BabyJayne, Nov 14, 2011.

1. BabyJayne

BabyJayne Me, DH, DD & pregnant

Madeline's been really ill these past few days with a horrible chest infection. She made some sort of miraculous recovery this afternoon, and has been jabbering non-stop. Repeating everything, asking "what's this" about everything and generally been full of it, complete opposite to the last few days.

Anyway, DH and I were chatting tonight and he mentioned something about his five-a-side the other night, and that some guy scored 7. I said "se-ven" as in Len Goodman from Strictly Come Dancing...and Madeline, who was sitting on the floor by my legs, said "eight"!! We couldn't believe it! She is pretty advanced speech-wise (according to other mums and nursery) so I am guessing it is something she's done in nursery, as I mostly count to five with her apart from when going up and down stairs (I always count these out loud when I am with Madeline). She says one, two, three - but never eight before!

In saying that she is pretty good with her speech, the main thing she seems to have a block on is saying mummy!! She called me Jayne twice tonight - and will only say mummy on prompting. Daddy gets his name all the time - as does everyone else (Taid, Nanna, Grandad...even Uncle Chris!) but she is still yet to call out for me. How come she can say things like caterpillar and sausages without prompting - yet refuses to use mummy!! :shrug:

I know the time will come when I hear "mummy" 6,000 times in an hour, so I guess I should make the most of it.

2. xprincessx

xprincessx Mum to 5 beauties <3

Aww what a clever little girl you have! She is very advanced for her age by the sounds of it. I used to help out in a nursery and the pre-school children (3&4) could only count up to 10 so if he already knows 8 at 17 months she's going to have a great head start x

3. Enchanted.

Enchanted. Member

What a clever girl :) I love them proud moments. My LO loves counting to 10, but she misses out 6 & 7 & goes straight to 8. OH also get's his name called as well as Daddy, much to his annoyance lol!

4. ~RedLily~

~RedLily~ Well-Known Member

Wow that's brilliant.

5. karlilay

karlilay Mum of 2 :)

Their amazing arnt they. Madi one day just before she was 2, counted all the way up to ten. I nearly fell of the chair. I didnt even know how she had learnt it, turns out it was 'show me show me' when the lift goes up.

Aso for the mummy thing. Really make the most of it! When she is 3 all you will hear is 'Mummmmmmmyyyyyyy'!

6. BabyJayne

That's what I thought Karlilay - there will soon come a time when I consider changing my name!!
    They are amazing - she is back on full form now and currently driving me nuts :haha: It's mad how they can be so ill one minute and then full of beans the next.

I've already heard "What's that?" 400 times this morning. It's quite cute though.
    "What's that"
    "Toast, Madeline"
    "Toast. Hiya toast. What's that?"
    "Plate."
    "Plate. Hiya plate. What's that?"
    "Cushion"
    "Cushion. Hiya cushion. What's that?"...

...you get the picture!

7. lepaskilf

lepaskilf Guest

Wow! That's great! My LO is 26 months old and can't count to 10, he can do up to five! And he never asks what things are :(

He's good a colours though, whenever we see a car he picks out it's colour :)

8. Reedy

Reedy Outnumbered x

what a clever little girl x

9. Lellow

Lellow Déjà poo ... Get it?

She sounds awesome....So clever.

Ive started saying ''OOOOOONE'' and Aymen says 'DO' straight after...i dont think he knows what hes saying but its fun to hear :lol:

10. BabyJayne

Aw bless him! That's ace.

Yeah I'm not sure she actually gets it - unless we have a future Carol Vorderman on our hands (ha - she was the only person who sprang to mind when I thought of maths!!).

I think the talking is making up for the fact she's tiny and still only has 6 teeth (well, 5 and a half). She's not concentrating much on the growing side of things!

11. RedRose

RedRose New mum :)

Ahh bless her! It's so crazy how much they pick up a concept in such a short space of time.

Glad she's feeling better! I bet she'll make up for lost time now and start doing loads of new things all at once!

12. Lellow

Lellow Déjà poo ... Get it?

She sounds exactly like Aymen....Our babies are all about the mind :lol: