what should i do

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by passengerrach, Apr 15, 2009.

1. passengerrach

passengerrach mummy to kai

my babys bellybutton has got scabby again it seemed to have healed before iv started to clean it with boiled water again but his 6 week check is not till the day before he is 8 weeks so about another 2 weeks should i just keep cleaning with boiled water or take him to the doctors sooner

2. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

id clean it with boiled water and put a dot of sudocrem on it each morning and night ...its an antiseptic cream so it wont do any harm...if it doesnt start to clear in 3 days then i would give the doc a call hth xx

3. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

you could get your health visitor to have a look at it if you get really concerned - just to give you a bit of peace of mind :)

4. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

Aslong as it's not seeping puss, or smelly then it should be fine. Lexie's kept going crispy too, and it healed by itself. I just kept bathing it at each nappy change.

If you're concerned speak to your HV. She/he will give you reassurance. :)

5. lolly101

lolly101 Well-Known Member

I would say like the others, keep putting sudacrem on it, make sure it is clean and dry and check with your HV, she will help you :hugs:

6. passengerrach

passengerrach mummy to kai

thanks everyone im going to baby clinic friday so i will ask hv then hopefully it will be better