what should I do?

bright eyes

Reaction score
So...

I tested pregnant on Thursday with lots of symptoms including my period being late by a few days. Then, on Saturday had severe cramps (much more than usual). We went to the hospital and the doctor said I either had a false positive test or I was pregnant for 2 days. I don't know what to do next...

Could someone please tell me what kinds of symptoms they experienced and if they also had a mc so early????

I'm so sorry.

I've always been under the impression that you couldn't have a false positive.

That being the summer before last I had pneumonia and was in the emergency room. We had been ttc so before they did the chest xray I asked the doc to test me for pregnancy just to be sure although I wasn't late or having any symptoms. The test came back positive. I figured by my LMP I was only 3 weeks or so. The doc gave me meds that were safe with pregnancy and sent me on my way. 3 days later I started cramping and passing blood clots and went back to the hospital and they did an ultrasound and a vaginal exam as well as blood work. The doc told me I was never pregnant and what I was experiencing was my normal period. I never could accept that, but also never got a second opinion.

Please let us know what happens!

Mine were all just like periods, no cramping or any warning, just woke up bleeding. Has your period started or is it still not there?

Yes, my period has begun.
So, I went to my doctor and she is just so wonderful!!!
She mentioned that everything that I experienced is quite common. Also, that there is a higher likelihood of getting pregnant again. She said that it used to be that women wouldn't even know that they experienced this loss because they wouldn't be able to get fast and accurate results of being pregnant. Anyway, I feel much better with her confirming everything that I guess I already knew...it's just nice to hear from a professional.

Thank you so much for replying to my post. It's such a great feeling to know that I'm not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->