What Size Baby Clothes? How Big Was Your NB?

CountryS2011

Reaction score
So this is a serious question/fun type post.

I'm bored as heck at work and the boss it out for lunch. Which means, hey, let's begin the baby list!!

So I was thinking, what size clothes should I put in the diaper bag for the hospital? Newborn? Or 0-3??? I have NO idea how big LO will be. So my question is, how big was your LO at birth (weight and length) and what size clothes did you bring, put on them, and how did they fit in them?

I was going to bring both, but that already kind of fills it up a bit x.x

So! :) Beginnn

My daughter was 7lb 5oz and was in NB clothes for 3-4 weeks, I took a mixture last time as both me and oh are tall so I wasn't sure how long my daughter would be, but didn't need the 0-3 months at all infact the midwife asked me if I thought I was going to have a big baby when she realised I'd packed a few 0-3 months lol

I'm just taking NB sizes this time round if my boy turns out bigger and needs 0-3 months there's a 24hr asda near the hospital so oh can go buy some bigger sleepsuits lol

I'm in the same boat as you- not sure. I've got twins and expected them to be small- so I'm going to pack both preemie and newborn sizes (just noticed my beautiful going home outfits are 0-3 oops!) but at my growth scan both are measuring big so may not need preemie lol. Stalking for advice!

My LO was 6lbs 4oz at birth and 20 1/2 inches. I made the mistake of packing 0-3 thinking that he'd be bigger (I had GD and they kept telling me he was at least 8lbs) NB was big on him and he was in them for a good month to month and a half. This time I'm packing mostly NB and 0-3 just in case. Basically just need a going home outfit though as in US hospitals they provide babies with onesies and sleepers until you leave :) Or at least every one I have been to has.

Newborn, this time round. My first was 7.1 but long and premise were too short,but 0_3 were huge

My son was 8lb10 ( don't remember how long) and even in his cloth napped 0-3 were too big.
He was in newborn for a few weeks

X

My daughter was 7lb 4oz and she was in tiny baby and newborn for at least 2 months! She always seemed to be behind the age rating of her clothes but she started to level out once she hit about 18months - 2 years. :thumbup:

I've packed newborn and 0-3 for this one. :thumbup:

My dd was 8lb13 and 52cm and is in NB. 0-3 is massive. My eldest daughter was 8lb9 and in NB for at least 5 wks. Xx

Unless you have a seriously big baby (talking 10lb plus) newborn will be fine. My second was big 9lb 3oz ans long ( not sure on inches but he was and still is a long baby) and he wore nb for a couple of weeks. Personally don't buy too much nb but you won't need to pack 0-3.

I took a mixture of NB and 0-3m clothes for each labour.

* My first baby was 7lb 8oz, born at 39wks, and went into NB and size 1 nappies

* My second baby was 6lb 13oz, born at 40wks, and went into prem clothes for a baby "up to 5lbs", and wore micro (prem) nappies. Because she was so tiny, despite being overdue, nothing we had fit her and we had to go straight to town to buy things.

i had a post about this so maybe you could look that up, might help you! but nearly everybody said newborn so thats what im sticking with. it seems most babies are in newborn or the size smaller than that when they are born so you should be safe with newborn :)

My son was 9lb 6oz, 21 and a half inches long and didn't fit in NB (just didn't fit, they would go on but were too tight for my liking) so we had to put 0-3 on him even though he was swimming in them. I'm glad I took a little of both but I knew he'd be big as he was estimated to be 12lbs so I had more 0-3 then and only one NB just in case. I expect my daughter is going to be on the smaller side of average so I packed mostly NB size and only 1 0-3 month going home outfit just in case. If she ends up really small (possibility of IUGR from SUA condition), I might pick up a couple preemie sizes but I'm going to wait closer to my DD before I buy anything like that as I'm having regular scans. I figure, if she ends up really big and surprises us (unlikely), the hospital usually has hats and little tshirts and blankets that I can use until it's time to go home.

I'm planning on taking newborn.

Dd was 7lb12 and I put her straight into newborn.

My son was 6 pounds even and 18.5 inches long at 38.5 weeks, and even NB clothes were kinda big! Premie was too short, so I'm really glad I had NB clothes!

Check the wieght it's for in the clothes some "newborn" is 5-8 lbs and some will be more like 7-12 .

My son was 6lbs 12 oz and 20 3/4 inches but was really skinny because he was preemie and swam in newborn so he wore " preemie" for a while

Everyone advised me not to buy much newborn and that he will prob fit in 0-3 from the get go! So glad I saw this thread! I don't want clothes that will swamp the poor boy. My coming home outfit is in 0-3 though which I'm a little gutted about. Not sure ow much newborn I have but I know it's not much!

0-3 is much bigger than NB. I'd bring only NB clothes. I had 7/4 and 8 and both fit NB for almost 2 months.

I brought both and will do again this time just incase but my son was 8lb 3oz and 19 inches long, he went right into newborn and stayed in them for 4 weeks, so they fit him perfectly :)

I also have only bought very few newborn clothes (they have made them smaller since I had my LO in one shop) and I will be mainly getting up to 1 month and up to 3 months clothes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->