What size clothes does/did your 6 month old wear?

Sparrow85

Reaction score
Just curious, because I find this really weird.

LO is 6 months old and I had him weighed today. He's 18lbs 7oz so not a small baby by any means. I haven't had his length done for a while, but he's pretty tall. He's only just went in to 3-6 month clothes in the last 2-3 weeks! Granted, all his clothes, including vests and sleep suits, are from next and they are slightly big made.

However, my friend's LO is exactly one week older than my LO, weighs 18lbs exactly and about the same height and he's now in 6-9 month clothes and also wears mostly next.

I just find it really strange that my baby is between the 50th and 75th centile for weight but there is no way he'll be in 6-9 for a good 6-8 weeks yet.

Mine was in 3-6 months at about 6/7 weeks. They were mostly asda, mothercare and gap. At 6 months she wore 6-9. She's 9 months now and just between 6-9 and 9-12 (neither one fits properly)

we have a lot of next clothes here. it does depend on the make, but she's been in 6-9 clothes for a good six weeks, so about from about 4.5 months? i reckon give her another month and she'll be in 9-12. some things are already starting to look a little short......

I find next clothes are a little small...

My lo is 6.5 months and last time I weighed her was 19.5lbs and is quite tall. She wears 6-9 month clothing although some of her cardigans are 3-6 months and her coat is 0-3 months!

Xx

My baby wears six months now and has for about a month so I bet by next month he will wear 6-9 months and 9 months.

He is 16 pounds and 27 inches long. So a tall slender baby.

It is weird. At seven months, mine wears mostly 3-6 vests and babygros, some 6-9 babygros, 6-9 dresses, about five newborn vests. She also has a 12m vest that is too small. Go figure.

LO went into 6-9 a few weeks ago and can see him going into 9-12 soon and is similar weight (18lbs 8oz but off the chart for height..) and wears mostly Next too, weird isn't it?!

At six months mine was only just in 3-6, but still had several 0-3 items that fit. I think he weighed about 14lbs. At eleven months he's in 6-9 with a few 3-6 tops and weighs 19lbs.

My LO has been in 12-18 month clothes since 6 months. He is massive though, top percentile for length and weight. He is already starting to grow out of size 1!

My LO is 6 months and weighs 18lb 8, similar to your LO and wears 6-9 month clothes, however, I find 3-6month tee shirts fit her but are a little snug, and dresses fit better in 3-6months, she is above 91st percentile for length x

My LO is 6 months and wears 6-9 months, but he's inbetween sizes, the 3-6 are too tight and the 6-9 is a little big!

At 6 months my LO weighed 19 lbs, and was wearing 6-9 in tops, and 12 months in pants. Now at 7 months she's wearing 12 months in everything, though her pants are getting tight!

She moved into 9-12 month clothes just after she turned 6 months but only moved into 12-18 months at 10 months old x

I have a 6month old and he is still in up to 3months from next and 3-6months mothecare and still has plenty of room in them. My older son always seemed too be a clothes age one up from his actuall age.

My baby is a long one. He's 63 cm (24.8 inches) and he' wearing his 6 month clothes and he's 10 weeks old. This is going to be very expensive.

Mine tend to go into the next size up about 3 months ahead of when they are supposed to, as they tend to be very long torsoed despite being of average weight (or even below average with some of mine). My youngest who is 2.5 weeks is already outgrowing some of the 0.3 month babygrows because of this, they just don't fasten properly around the crotch and legs despite being quite roomy elsewhere xx

Yeah it was hard for me to grasp at the fact that my lo is chunky (always has been except at birth with an average weight) she was still in 3-6 month clothes until 7+ months

At 6mths my lo went into 18mth onsies! Yes 18mths. His upper torse is very long! At his 6mth check up he was in the 95% for length.. ohh he weights 17lbs.m. long and slender just like his mommy!
12mth regular t-shirts fit him but verly but 18mth t-shirts are a bit to big..

He was in 6-9 month at 6 months, but those were becoming too small and fast. He only made it to 7.5 months in 6-9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"