what sling things do you use?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
as the title says really.

i may try to use on with baby #2.

I personally couldn't get on with a sling when LO was born BUT I have just bought a Moby wrap and another soft carrier (for older baies - 5 months +). I got them both today in fact!

The Moby wrap is suitable from birth and lots of ladies on here really rate it! I tried LO in it and he loved it (so did I!).

I also had a Baby Bjorn carrier (but sold recently as LO was getting too big for it) and I LOVED that...so easy to use and comfy!

HTH's a little?

Tezzy and Mommyof3 are the best to advise!! :thumbup:

Heya were sling lovers here weuse meitais primarily but also love woven wraps, stretchies are wonderful for newborns but dont last aslong as other types of carriers, Some people also get no really well with ringslings!
Id reccomend against babybjorn types as there some opinions around about these not being the safest nor most comfy type of carrier for your baby ( plus theres alot prettier things out there that are also more supportive and comfy ;))

Sorry iv covered a few different types there but to summarise, try as many as you can til you find one that suits you and baby :) Are there any in particular you like the look of ?

i also rate the moby !!! we both love it !! i had a baba sling and i did like it but it was quite awquard and daisy sometimes looked a bit squished! easy to just throw her in n dash out the door tho !!

sara

xxxxxxx

I love my baby hawk mei tai!

so comfy, stylish and Leo loves being so close to me:cloud9:

i have used Moby Wraps,Mei tais and Pouch slings :happydance: for Ffion the best has been the moby, for Rhys it was the mei tai. i used pouch slings for the hip hold when rhys was older, my OH liked them but i def prefered the mei tai to the pouch slings.

on another thread somewhere i wrote the pros and cons of mei tais vs mobys.. maybe somebody can point it out somewhere ive forgotten what the thread was!

When Hunter was under 1 we used the Moby Wrap. I love it, there are so many different ways you can wear them. Now that Hunter is 2 years old, we use a Munchkin Jellybean sling, which I love. Its so comfy and its really nice.

I have a Moby and can't wait to use it :D

I have a moby and just ordered a gorgeous babyhawk mei tai!!

I have a baby hawk mei tai,but am thinking of selling as OH does not like using it so need to get a differant type.I would really recomend it though,worth every penny!!x

I love my baby hawk mei tai for longer walks but I couldn't survive without my ring sling.

I'm going for a woven wrap next :)

I love my moby and have a mei tai which should be arriving in the mail tomorrow. Alice doesn't like the pouch sling at all, maybe i will sell it or I might keep it to see if she starts to like it when she gets older.

We were in IKEA for 4 hours yesterday and Alice was happy in her moby the whole time except when we stopped for a change and feed.

I want to try one of the woven wraps but they seem so expensive, some of them are 3x the price of the moby :wacko:

my preference is woven wraps and ringslings. there are many differnt brands and types though, all slightly different - thin lightweight ones good for warmer weather but less supportive for heavier babies, shorter ones ideal for quick up and down carries, longer onesfor carries that need more length, its just a case of trying out loads of different ones and figuring out what it is you want out of a carrier

Has anybody ever tried the Red Kite Comfy Carry sling or heard anything about it? I feel like such a cheapskate seeing all the beautiful slings, wraps and carriers you all have, but I was desperately trying to save money when I bought it (it was about £10 from Asda at the time!). It's this one: https://direct.asda.com/Red-Kite-Comfy-Carry/ComfyCarryMaster,default,pd.html I still think it looks ok but I'm wondering if it's cheap for a reason and whether I'd be better spending a bit more (ok, I really mean buying a prettier one!).

I have the close baby carrier

Kind of like the following ones. Mine is chocolate brown
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e2ljdIfxnyM/R1zxX2rhJhI/AAAAAAAAF14/Pg3LJy4UzcI/s320/Picture%2B3.png

how do you find the close mel??? i was thinking of gettin one but havent heard any reviews or anything??

sara
xxxxxxxxx

I'd be interested to know too :D I think Pink Witch has one as well x

i used to have a close and loved it! only thing was that as they start to put on weight and get to around the 20lbs mark it sags slightly and didn't feel supportive enough. I much prefer the moby wrap or a babyhawk

I have a Ring Sling, and I love it, You can use it for any age, whether newborn or toddler. Their awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->