What superstitions do you have?

sunnybabe

Mummy to two naughty cats
Reaction score
As the title says...

I totally freak out whenever I see a magpie on its own and always have to say "Hello Mr Magpie, Hello Mrs Magpie." I really wish I could get out of the habit as we have hundreds of them around here.

I saw one a minute ago and although I said the 'magic words' a few seconds later the cat came in (who appears to have a dodgy tummy :( ) and ended up wiping poo on the sofa and my work!!

I also avoid 3drains religiously!

My OH thinks im mad!

What other susperstitions does everyone have???

absoluuuutely none lol... I am a cynic. Dont believe in them

:hugs:

I try to not believe them, but i will not walk over 3 drains still :lol:

I do the magpie one! LOL! Except I say "hello mr magpie how are you and your family" and salute at the same time. Yeah nuts I know! x

I do the same when I see a magpie, OH thinks it's silly but I believe. LOl xx

I do the magpie one too ... and no crossing on the stairs and i wont pick up a knife if i've dropped it, someone else has to, but thats it lol only those three :)

I do the magpie one! LOL! Except I say "hello mr magpie how are you and your family" and salute at the same time. Yeah nuts I know! x

This, but you're supposed to salute then spit out your sorrows.

So if none of you guys have been doing it right, then don't worry nothing catastrophic has happened yet, eh? :rofl:

I don't believe in any. I'll walk under ladders, owned a black cat, opened umbrellas in the house, kept my pram in the house before LO arrived and I'm still here.

*keels over*

lol u crack me up PP! not pickin up a knife! im the same with crossing on the stairs tho and walkin under a ladder but they are more for my on safety lol xx

ive heard the magpie one (DH salutes them) but whats this about 3 drains? :confused: i've never heard this one before x

i do it with the magpies 'good morning/afternoon mr magpie'
i wont cross on the stairs
i didnt ever use to do the 3 drains one but my hubby does so he will push me off them if i walk on them!!!!

Oh, I have loads! :rofl:

- I won't walk on 3 drains (although OH thinks it's really funny to push me onto them!:hissy:)

- I won't pick up a knife when I've dropped it, unless I tread on it first (my Nan told me it meant that a man was going to come into your house! :dohh:)

- I won't cross on the stairs (I did once, and my brother ended up at the bottom with a massive cut on his head!)

- At football games (I have a whole set for football):
. I have to wear odd socks
. I have to wear my "Lucky Pants" - They are boxer shorts, that have "Lucky Pants" on the waist band
. I have to kiss my hand and touch the pitch before the game, and while walking around the pitch at half time!
(I believe bad things will happen if I don't do those things - although we still lose even when I do them!)

- I do the magpie thing as well, although I say "Aye, Aye Captain!" :rofl:

- When I see the back of an ambulance I have to say "Touch white, Touch Chin, Never go in!" (I do touch something white, and then my chin.) Done it ever since I was little, and my sister told me if I didn't I'd end up in an ambulance, and I don't want to risk it now!

LOL That's me! Mad! xx

Thats so funny, I've never heard of the magpie one.

I have silly things I made up as a child, that I still do... which is just so ridiculas.

I think I must be mildly OCD.

I cant be in the room when the bath finishes emptying and gurgles - or the monsters will come up the drain and get me.

I have to be back in bed before the toilet finishes flushing at night - or the monsters will come and get me!

If I'm home alone at night, I have to shut all the doors and turn on ALL the lights. - I even sleep with the light on, even if my OH is home, if he's not physically in the room with me - if he walks out of the room for a second I get nervoius and make an excuse to turn the light on until he gets back.

:blush:

I cant believe how afraid of the dark I am... I think.... either I think we have ghosts in our house becaue I'm afraid of the dark, or I'm afraid of the dark because we have ghosts in our house...I'm not sure which one it is!!!

Its the magpie thing with me too...not that I really beleive that anything bad will happen if I only see 1 but its just a force of habit now....but I was always told to salute the little bugger too so not only do I have to say hello but salute aswell. LOL.

Oh and NO new shoes on the table!!! [dont ask why Mum always told me it was bad luck]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->