What teas are safe to drink?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
Is any tea without caffeine ok? I'm a big tea drinker and usually have a green tea every morning before work and need to find a replacement. Especially just coming into winter!

Are there any teas that are actually beneficial to pregnancy?

I'm a tea drinker myself. You can google pregnancy and tea and info comes up however I would ask my doctor because there are some teas even herbal that are not good during pregnancy. I do know that red raspberry tea is helpful with contractions and even pms cramps and ginger tea is good for nausea.

One cup of green tea per day is not harmful. However if you were to drink 3-4 cups of green tea or coffee per day, that would be very different.

Honestly I did not know some herbal teas were unsafe to drink. Since my BFP I have been drinking chamomile, spearmint, lemongrass, lavender and sage blends with no problem. And the occasional cup of black tea once in a while

The issue with herbal tea and pregnancy is there is no regulation in the U.S. (where I live)on what parts of the plants can be used in teas and vitamins. Each country has its own regulations, that's why it's best to check with your doctor.

Stay away from red raspberry till late pregnancy, here you can buy decaf black tea so I drink that

Don't drink raspberry leaf tea this early! I drink a couple of cups of builders a day and wasn't planning on stopping, a bit of caffeine is ok

I know teas that put you to sleep are not recommended for pregnancy. Things like Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime or Traditional Medicinals Nighty Night tea. It says so specifically on the package to not drink while pregnant, no "ask your doctor before drinking", just straight out "do not drink while pregnant". So I've put those away for now. Also anything with really high caffeine is probably a no-go.

They have a TON of de-caf varieties of, black tea, green tea, and Earl Grey, that's where I tend to stick :)

I've been doing decaf black tea in the evenings so I can still have my 2 cups of coffee in the morning; so far no problems! I won't being doing the raspberry in the third trimester.

I drank a lot of tea and coffee before I was pregnant. I'm down to one cup of black tea and one cup of rooibos now.

Most of my flavored teas had licorice root in it, which I've read is bad. I'm going to gather up all my tea blends and store them away because otherwise I'll be tempted.

I'm currently trying to decipher if masala chai is safe because I looooove masala chai and cardamom chai in the winter.

There's a tea by Traditional Medicinals called Pregnancy Tea. I tried it and it tasted good, but made me puke. I'll try it again once this nausea subsides. In the meantime, I've just given up on tea.

Avoid anything with herbal medicinal ingredients because you jutlst don't know. Ive been drinking peppermint tea which is totally safe and the only ingredient is peppermint leaves. Its am awesome alternative in the cold weather. The other tea ive been drinking is apple cinnamon. If you choose this type check tje ingredients because some have chamomile in them which isnt safw. The one im drinking has cinnamon, apple pieces, rose hips, nutmeg and all spice ..all safe and delish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->