what tests do i buy?

veganmum2be

1 Son two angels.
Reaction score
any advice appreciated.

i've gathered from posts that some tests are more reliable than others.
when i got my bfp last time i used clear blue (not digi) but i heard there are lots of false positives with these?

i want to buy ALOT i know i'll be a POAS addict, so cheeper the better, but which ones?

blue dye red dye?
found one website selling them for 22p each and they are 25 mIU/ml (no idea what that means!)
i can buy 80 for well under £20 so VERY tempted! and its red dye gathering from the pic, so thats good?

:dust:

lol ye blue dyes arnt v good and get terrible evaps! id stick to a pink dye... myself i use internet cheap strips .. and i have frer too just incase im unsure from the strips coz they can have evaps too but cheap! specially since im a posa too xD x https://www.amazon.co.uk/50-Ultra-E...1_3?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1260790796&sr=8-3 i use these mainly x

The cheap strips have never worked for me (always had negatives with both the ovulation and pregnancy tests) so I def. recommend First Response ones; they're on buy one get one free at Boots atm too so around a tenner for 4 tests if u get the double packs. hth

Hi!

I buy the internet cheap tests off ebay...with no1 I used these from CD9 til AF or BFP and with my son I got a very very faint line on one so tested with a First Response CB digi. I continued to use the cheapie tests and the line got darker but not that dark which scared me a bit as I expected it to get really dark! So dont be obssessed by getting dark lines as its down to the amount of dye in the tests.:blush:

I hated the clear blue blue dye ones and got bad evaps too so think its just personal preference.

This time round ttc I bought the cheapies again but the last two cycles have had bad evaps off them...last cycle to the point I used a First response and got a flat out neg.

But I buy the expensive ones when they are buy one get one free at boots lol.

25 mIU/ml refers to the sensitivity of the test and amount of Hcg required to get a second line. I think shop bought tests are about 25mIU.

Try www.peeonastick.com I found it helpful for finding out about tests etc.

Good luck,

Emma.xx

thanks for the help, really aprreciated.

deffinatly want to get myself down to boots! just dont know if i can face seeing all the baby stuff around town!

i'm probably going to get internet cheepies so i can satisfy my poas urges, but get a few expencive ones to confirm bfp's etc.
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->