WHAT THE HECK? OPK's all over the place - PICS attached

hopingforbean

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I'm totally new to OPKs, charting, any of that. I'm researching as best I can but I'm still super confused.
I got a faint positive OPK (I think??) on Friday morning:

https://i57.tinypic.com/ehf8md.jpg

By Friday evening, it was a negative:

https://i59.tinypic.com/zirbxy.jpg

Saturday AM, seems to be another negative, although more of the color has returned since Friday PM's negative ..

https://i59.tinypic.com/dc3ll0.jpg

Cue Sunday morning, Sep 13 (also the 13th day of my cycle... seems realistic that this SHOULD be the day before I ovulate, as I typically ovulate around CD 13-14, I get my strongest positive OPK):

https://i59.tinypic.com/2efs2vn.jpg

Then on Monday, the 14th, my BBT temp drops in the AM ... however still getting a strong positive:

https://i61.tinypic.com/2i6nwb5.jpg

This morning, I have another STRONG POSITIVE OPK... I did not take a photo because I was too annoyed by my body seemingly going haywire. What's weird is, this morning, my BBT also has a spike, so it leads me to assume I did ovulate on CD 14, which is typical for me... although sometimes my cycles are shorter (25-27 days), so maybe I ovulate sooner on the shorter months? (Again, I'm new to this)...

WHAT GIVES? Any chance I ovulated 12-36 hours after my first faint positive OPK on Friday? Any chance I ovulated on CD14 based on my temp drop then spike? Also my CM is now sticky and has been for the past 2 days. It was watery on Friday and EWCM on Saturday. Sticky now. Any chance I didn't ovulate at all yet? WHAT THE HECK??

Here is a link to my chart:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5ee034/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

It looks like your body tried to ovulate the first time, then for whatever reason did not, so it tried to ovulate again. I would say the second attempt was successful. Also it could be that you've already conceived. On every cycle when I conceived, mine always stayed positive for a few days before going negative again, then a few days after they went negative I would get a positive on an hpt. Good luck and fx for you!

By your temps I would say cd15 was your day of ovulation. But there is very little data to give a proper cover line. I would say your positive opk's are the latest 2 pics. Particularly the last one since it is way darker than the control. So I would move your positive opk from cd12 to cd14. Which would coincide with your temp drop on cd 15.

Always remember with opk's never test in the morning especially with fmu/smu, it gives a concentrated Reading, Afternoon Is Best

By your temps I would say cd15 was your day of ovulation. But there is very little data to give a proper cover line. I would say your positive opk's are the latest 2 pics. Particularly the last one since it is way darker than the control. So I would move your positive opk from cd12 to cd14. Which would coincide with your temp drop on cd 15.

I would think so too ... just judging from temps. But DARN!!!!! I wish I O'ed on CD13 since we BD'ed on CD 9 & 11. If I O'ed on CD 15 then I'm pretty much out this month right? :shrug::cry:

Always remember with opk's never test in the morning especially with fmu/smu, it gives a concentrated Reading, Afternoon Is Best

I have read that as well, but with these tests / this brand (Walgreens) the instructions actually said to use FMU :shrug: Plus I do get up and pee usually during the night... so do you think that possibly dilutes it a bit? It's all very confusing to me!

My clear blue smiley opk told me the same thing and I tested usually around midday or in the morning. The day I got my smiley I did one with fmu and it was negative but something told me to test again in the evening. Did a 4 hour old and tested at 7pm. Got my smiley. I will now always test at 7pm lol.
While it isn't impossible that you caught the egg as sperm can live up to 5 days, it isn't likely. Our first cycle that I O'd we did it 2 days before and the day of O and nothing. The next cycle I made sure we did it all 4 days prior, the day of and the day after O. And it caught. I did make sure it was roughly 24 hours apart so his guys could build up.

If you didn't catch I highly recommend temping from cd 1, use opk's again (and if you can afford them get thw digital ones. Thw smiley makes for no questions) and to BD cd11-16

My clear blue smiley opk told me the same thing and I tested usually around midday or in the morning. The day I got my smiley I did one with fmu and it was negative but something told me to test again in the evening. Did a 4 hour old and tested at 7pm. Got my smiley. I will now always test at 7pm lol.
While it isn't impossible that you caught the egg as sperm can live up to 5 days, it isn't likely. Our first cycle that I O'd we did it 2 days before and the day of O and nothing. The next cycle I made sure we did it all 4 days prior, the day of and the day after O. And it caught. I did make sure it was roughly 24 hours apart so his guys could build up.

If you didn't catch I highly recommend temping from cd 1, use opk's again (and if you can afford them get thw digital ones. Thw smiley makes for no questions) and to BD cd11-16
Bummed to hear that it isn't likely to catch, but I need to stay realistic! This is only the first month we've ever... umm how do I put this politely... not pulled out. :haha:

So it only took you 2 cycles TTC? How exciting, congratulations!! :happydance:

I have read that as well, but with these tests / this brand (Walgreens) the instructions actually said to use FMU :shrug: Plus I do get up and pee usually during the night... so do you think that possibly dilutes it a bit? It's all very confusing to me!

Hmmm maybe.. I always used to pee early afternoon same time each day so i knew my readings werent concentrated like pg tests are, i found that with temping aswell (first month temping i fell pg) that i was ovulating 3/4 days after i got a positive opk, took me 5 months-ish to fall pg as we werent having fun enough around the right time of my cycle.. temping is really good :)

Thanks. It was technically 3. The first cycle I didn't O as the femara wasn't at the right dose. Unfortunately I recently miscarried at 5+5. So now I wait until we can ttc again. I hope we catch just as quick. It would be awesome to announce at Christmas. I am keeping the same BD schedule. Hubby was like "oh damn." He was so exhausted afterwards. Lol and he felt the pressure to perform. But he wants this just as much as me so he said he will take one for the team again.
Keep us posted with what happens. And you aren't out until af shows. So you just never know

Don't let opks confuse u. They are extremely unreliable for some women. You ovulated on the 14th....

Thanks. It was technically 3. The first cycle I didn't O as the femara wasn't at the right dose. Unfortunately I recently miscarried at 5+5. So now I wait until we can ttc again. I hope we catch just as quick. It would be awesome to announce at Christmas. I am keeping the same BD schedule. Hubby was like "oh damn." He was so exhausted afterwards. Lol and he felt the pressure to perform. But he wants this just as much as me so he said he will take one for the team again.
Keep us posted with what happens. And you aren't out until af shows. So you just never know
So sorry to hear that! :nope: Fingers crossed that it will catch just as quick this next time!! You keep us updated too!

Don't let opks confuse u. They are extremely unreliable for some women. You ovulated on the 14th....

Thank you! Still getting positive OPKs to this day, so I have totally given up on their reliability.

HOPING that I still have a shot this month... even though I O'ed on the 14th and we BD'ed on the 10th. I did have dripping wet watery CM the night of the 10th and the morning of the 11th. Changed to EWCM on 12th. Didn't check it on the 13th or 14th - don't know why ... but fingers crossed!

So sorry to hear that! :nope: Fingers crossed that it will catch just as quick this next time!! You keep us updated too!

I will do that. For the last 2 days I have noticed similar symptoms that I had starting 3 dpo with my positive Cycle. It is probably just my body being wonky but we did it 3 days ago. Since I have to take femara the liklihood of spontaneous ovulation is minimal. But a girl can dream lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->