What the hell is this??? Update! 8w scan! Still in shock!

mindyb85

10 yrs ltttc working on rainbow #2
Reaction score
I promised myself I wouldn’t do it. I took a secret oath unto myself to never test again. After a stillborn, cp, and 7w mc ALL last year, my dh is like done done. Terrified to touch me. I mc on Dec 10. Numbers only ever got to like 2300. We did it ONE time in the middle of the night after wayyy too many drinks. (Like the ONLY time since I found out I was pregnant in early November. Longest stretch for us ever!) I figured there is no way. I don’t even know if my body is going to ovulate this cycle with just having had a mc like 2 weeks prior. I don’t even think I had ewcm. So what do I do? I go to the damn grocery store and there is a cheap blue dye which I never use sitting there on sale for $2.97. So against my urges I put it in the cart and take it home...and pee on it. I didn’t hold my pee, I peed like an hour before hand. Could this be residual from the mc I started on Dec 10? Is this seriously what all the fuss is about when it comes to blue dye evaps? Is this a new pregnancy??? God can’t keep messing with me like this. I’m not doing anything or going to the dr or anything until I don’t bleed for two more months. Then I’ll go. By myself. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised with a random healthy baby. Most likely I’ll start my period in a couple of days. Idk what to think.

E194D476-FBEA-44D2-AC08-EACA370C4FB0.jpeg

I'm not a fan of blue dyes at all but that does look like the start of a BFP.
Keep testing and good luck :)

Definitely looks like a good line. Good luck :dust:

I also am not a fan of blue dyes, but thats no evap or weird shadow. Thats a BFP

That line looks too good to be a fake ! Im over here so excited for you hun I hope it gets darker :) I also would say its a new pregnancy and not leftover hcg from your mc

That line looks too good to be a fake ! Im over here so excited for you hun I hope it gets darker :) I also would say its a new pregnancy and not leftover hcg from your mc
Thanks Ruskie but idk, I mean with a line like that it’s been probably only 25 miu or something like that. Couldn’t it still be from the mc? I miscarried 4 week she ago and my hcg was about 2300

Maybe I’ll take another one next week if I don’t get my period and if it’s way darker, I guess I’ll know it’s from a new one for sure. Seriously tho, I don’t think I could bear to tell my husband until like 12 weeks with a healthy ultrasound video/pic. He’s traumatized by our losses last year.

I am down 7.6 lbs from Dec 26 when I started my new diet. My next big mini goal was to lose another 9.4 pounds and then I have some more big mini goals after that but I’m not starving myself. I just cut bread and sugar and am working out 4-5 times a week.

I promised myself I wouldn’t do it. I took a secret oath unto myself to never test again. After a stillborn, cp, and 7w mc ALL last year, my dh is like done done. Terrified to touch me. I mc on Dec 10. Numbers only ever got to like 2300. We did it ONE time in the middle of the night after wayyy too many drinks. (Like the ONLY time since I found out I was pregnant in early November. Longest stretch for us ever!) I figured there is no way. I don’t even know if my body is going to ovulate this cycle with just having had a mc like 2 weeks prior. I don’t even think I had ewcm. So what do I do? I go to the damn grocery store and there is a cheap blue dye which I never use sitting there on sale for $2.97. So against my urges I put it in the cart and take it home...and pee on it. I didn’t hold my pee, I peed like an hour before hand. Could this be residual from the mc I started on Dec 10? Is this seriously what all the fuss is about when it comes to blue dye evaps? Is this a new pregnancy??? God can’t keep messing with me like this. I’m not doing anything or going to the dr or anything until I don’t bleed for two more months. Then I’ll go. By myself. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised with a random healthy baby. Most likely I’ll start my period in a couple of days. Idk what to think.

View attachment 1076632
Hi
I was reading your post and it was me 17 yes ago. I had a stillbirth with my first son boxing day 2002 and then a mc in April 2003. I got pregnant with my second son the following month. He turned 16 yeasterday.

Congratulations on your bfp and wishing you all the best! X

Thanks Ruskie but idk, I mean with a line like that it’s been probably only 25 miu or something like that. Couldn’t it still be from the mc? I miscarried 4 week she ago and my hcg was about 2300
My sainsb own blue dye test was like this at 13dpo. Even though I got a very clear bfp at 9dpo with FRER and by 13 dpo even boots strips and a cheapy from poundland had a good line. I would say there is no way it is leftover hcg.
I understand you did not test after mc to check you got a negative but still.
I got a very strong positive at 10 dpo last summer (which sadly did not stick) he month following my blighted ovum at 8 weeks end of June. But I had blood tests and confirmed with a negative hot once bleeding stopped.

After my loss and dnc in December 2019 I had to have my levels checked to make sure everything was out so I didn't get an infection. Did they check your levels to make sure everything passed being so far along?? I might be the only 1 to say this but could be left over hcg. could be new pregnancy also I guess crazier things have happened.

I say wait a week or so test again. But I'm sure you'll test everyday I would
Instead I'd get in for blood work asap just to be sure numbers are going up and not down still. Keep us posted following post ♡♡

It could be but the chances are low since you had the ultrasound the following day . My levels were 2917 on Dec 23 and I got my first negative on Jan 3 :) So 10 days later for me and they were negative . If you want reassurance tho I would make an appointment with your dr cause if there is something left in there its dangerous and can cause sepsis .

It could be but the chances are low since you had the ultrasound the following day . My levels were 2917 on Dec 23 and I got my first negative on Jan 3 :) So 10 days later for me and they were negative . If you want reassurance tho I would make an appointment with your dr cause if there is something left in there its dangerous and can cause sepsis .
Yeah, when I mc I saw the whole sac with the baby inside and bled heavily for about 7-8 days. They did an ultrasound right after the mc (like later that morning) and did not see anything except thick lining. Maybe I’ll jist get another test and see if it’s darker. So I’ll know if it’s rising or not. But deep down I think your right, that the likelihood of it being leftover hcg is low.

Like i said before go get blood work. Im sure they will get you right in beacuse of loss 4 weeks ago GL

Got a cheapie at dg. Pink dye purple ones. I could see a smidge of something at 1 min. Here it is at 5 min. Definitely positive. Will post the 10 or 20 minute pic after it sits. I just kind of feel like I’m seeing the same thing over and over and it’s doesn’t mean anything bc every time I have seen those lines over the last 6 years, it ends in sadness. I’ll take another on Sunday or Monday maybe and see if it’s darker or not. If it’s darker I’ll know it’s progressing.

CC2DC9CB-1FF2-4DC2-9C29-4CBE4E64BCA8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->