what these parties appeal to your kids / tweens?

mimmymoo

Reaction score
im a makeup artist and plan to reduce the amt of time i spend travelling to brides for their weddings etc .. once baby has arrived - try and get a bit of work / life balance going, lol
i already have a 11 yr daughter and know that makeover parties / similar are very popular so im seriously thinking about starting a small party business once i start up again, early next year.
i know some parents are not keen on the whole "over made up" look, so as im also trained in hair braiding (from my working in ibiza days) thought id offer this as the main treatment, with option of makeup and nail art - have worked out 4 packages, could you tell me which you think appeals the most and approx price you'd be prepared to pay

basic package : hair braiding + 1 temp glitter tattoo
glitter & gloss package : hair braiding + 1 temp glitter tattoo and mini makeover consisting of glitter eyeshadows, cheek shimmer and lipgloss .. will bring along my pro makeup chair and pink vanity case of makeup goodies which i know the girls love
funky nail art package : hair braiding + 1 temp glitter tattoo, nail painting and basic nail art - stickers, gems, paw prints etc ..
boys party package : 2 temp tattoos (sports, tribal etc) + funky hair colour spray

any feedback on the above would be much appreciated !

Hm, depends what age you are gonna aim them at? I was wearing proper adult makeup by highschool (12) so idk, glittery tattoos wouldnt have appealed to me.. i'd of preferred a natural style adult makeover IYKWIM? What do you mean by hair braiding? Do you mean the little thread wrapped thing? That would be fun if so.

I was also going to ask what age group your looking at?

My little girl is turning 5 in a few weeks, and she would love all of that...nails, tattoo, hair etc.

Theres a few people that advertise that kind of kids party around here, but they charge way too much.

I think you should perhaps design your packages as one for the younger age group (children) and one for the older age group (teens).

The younger groups love their nails done and love their faces painted in different characters.

The older ones perhaps would love a makeover, which could involve you teaching them how to put on makeup properly or different techniques. Manicures are a hit with them too.

My daughter, 8, also went to a girl's party this year whose mom is a photographer. Someone did their makeup and hair and photographs were taken. Perhaps you can eventually partner with a photographer.

You could also cater to graduation too. Many girls love having their makeup and hair done for grad.

thank you all for replying, will take your comments on board:flower:

the age group i was aiming for was 5-13, i already offer teen makeup lessons, manicures etc through my makeup web site .. this was just a little something for the younger girls

My 8 year old and her friends would love all of that ... shes been invited to quite a few make over parties during the last year and they've always been a huge success from what i can gather,
I was shocked at her comming home with Black nails after the last one tho ... what happened to pretty pink! lol

i think its great but maybe to younger children like blah i was wearing subtle make-up at 11+ mainly because i had dark eyes then i hate my freckles so i went on to foundation ect ect, but sounds great, would you be doing price per party or per head?

my friend had a sleepover party for her 14 or 15, we had a beautician and she did our eye brows and facial and nails so thats a good night too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->