What to do! conflicting advice

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by joven, Jan 25, 2011.

1. joven

joven Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I really don't quite know who to listen too.
    Last week there was some concern that my cervical depth had dropped quickly although still above the danger zone by a few milimeters and no funnelling it had dropped over centimeter in 2 weeks and I was told if I had any more period type pains to get it checked out which I did.

Now the job I do involves some moving and handling of patients and I was advised to rest off work this week and the midwife I saw said no moving and handling, another midwife today said unless I could avoid moving and handling she advised I remain off work.

Contradicting this the Dr told me there was no evidence that me moving and shifting patients would thin the cervix and increase risk of premature labour and work is fine.

So now not sure what to do, do I take midwifes advice or Dr's? I really need the money and have lots of weekends to work in Feb helping boost my pre baby pay but also I don't want anything to put this baby at risk!

I'm off work now til next Friday and see the consultant then so perhaps will see what she advises and have another cervix scan the day after too.

Wish they'd all sing from the same hymn sheet!

2. joven

joven Well-Known Member

well somuch for my month of weekends in Feb, without even discussing anything with me my boss has completely taken me off the off duty indefinately so I'll end up working round all the gaps in the off duty and no enhanced hours just basic pay, might as well be off sick on basic pay and relaxed than working and stressed for the same money!

3. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

well they recommend to walk and be active to get your body into labour. So i would avoid and rest as much as you can

4. joven

joven Well-Known Member

I don't want to encourage labour as booked for an elective section due to previous surgery! But I don't want to be hiding at home off sick either when I feel ok I want to be out and about.
    Not impressed with my boss I think she should have waited for my Dr's opinion today and discussed it with me before writting me off the rota indefinately, it means if Dr continues to say I'm fit for work I'll have all the crappy shifts and split days off etc and all for basic pay and no enhanced hours. really angry about it actually the more I think about it!
    I rang in today to say I was fit to return to work on my next shift which is nights next Friday but she wont except me back until I've seen consultant next Thurs so if consultant says yes fine to work I should go back Fri Sat and Sun nights but she has found someone else to do them so where do I stand I need to get 30 hours in between consultant app Thurs and Sunday yet she's not given me the option to.