What to do when you're starving?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Now that Christmas is over I am trying to curb the binging and eat healthily and keep my weight gain under control. Last time I gained loads and was absolutely miserable in my body by the end so I don't want to go down the same road. But I am absolutely starving all the time! My tummy is actually rumbling, but I've eaten all my meals for the day plus snacks :dohh: Any ideas about how to keep hunger under control? If I give in to it I'll be eating about double the amount of calories I need and obviously that's not a good thing.

Just make sure the meals and snacks you are eating are full of nutrients and a lot of fiber and protein. I've found that that helps me a lot! With my dd I gained 55lbs but I ate a lot of empty calories and was hungry all the time.

It depends very much on what you are eating too not just how many calories. You can eat an awful lot of vegetables for the same calorie cost as a very small amount of peanut butter and when the goal is satisfaction the former is better!

Have you looked at the slimming world diet? It's supposed to be pretty pregnancy friendly because you can eat as much as you want of a ton of foods and still maintain or lose weight. I'd get some guidance before you just dive in of course.

Some of the things I like to fill up on when I'm starving are cucumber and mint salads no dressing (add some pepper and a little onion if you can handle more flavour without being sick) and corgette chips either plain or with chili flakes (don't use oil use a fat free cooking spray).

You can eat a lot of both without breaking the calorie bank.

When I snack I pick things that have more fiber in them. Apples are a nice snack. Apples and peanut butter are even better!

I also try to pick foods high in protein sometimes. Admittedly my meals aren't always healthy but I definitely opt for healthier snacks. I like cucumbers with lemon, broccoli/carrots with hummus (it's low in carbs!), apples, and tomato sprinkled with salt and pepper.

If I start feeling hungry and like you I've had my meals and snacks etc I drink a pint of water (not in one go, over 10 mins or so) then half an hour later if I'm still hungry I get a healthy snack. Most of the time that fixed it!

I have a really restricted diet (no fat, rich food, strong flavours) due to a digestive complication from surgery. Now I'm pregnant I want to eat everything but can't. So my best friend is ice. I partially freeze bottles of sugar free diluting juice and drink/crunch away all day. It curbs the hunger as I feels like I'm eating something plus helps ease the dreaded pregnancy constipation xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->