What to do...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by hjh_1987, Dec 17, 2009.

1. hjh_1987

hjh_1987 Proud mum of Charlie!

Hey guys x

Me and my FH have been TTC for over a yr now, have been to my doctors and they say that due to my age just to keep trying. They offered for my FH to go and do a sperm test to see if everything is ok but that is all they would do.
    Gave me some leaflets and told me to take folic acid, which i was doing anyway!

Is there anythin else anyone can suggest??

Thanks x

2. ablacketer

ablacketer Just Call Me Angel :)

a new doctor???

seriously though. Your healthcare is in YOUR hands, if you ask for testing and they refuse to provide it you need a new doc.

3. honeybee2

honeybee2 Well-Known Member

hiya- im going through the same process. Im 21- and been trying for ten months. Ive had blood tests and my OH has to go for a sperm analysis after xmas if this month wasnt successful... havnt been for my blood results yet as I have to have one more if my AF shows this month...its so stressful I know, at least they havn't turned you donw completely for tests, I knwo some women who are 30 and spent 2 years trying before they even did a blood test!

4. baybeehopes

baybeehopes ttc#1 26months...

hi, where are you? An how old ru? If u r in the uk, they wont gv u ivf unless u 23-39 but that doesnt mean you cant hav bloods taken etc to prepare u ready 4 when ur 23...but i personally think thay may want to see ur hubbys results b4 they start with you...as it is normal 4 him to b tested 1st as its less invaisive.u will need cd21 bloods, + cd3+4, also a smear like test+ a test (swab) 4 chlymaidia an other nasty things just to rule out any obv problems, an i cant see why you cant have any of these. Id ask to c a diff dr in ur surgery an make a diff appt... Good luck x x

5. hjh_1987

hjh_1987 Proud mum of Charlie!

Sorry. Im in the UK and im 22. Been trying for just over a yr now!