What to drink after breastmilk. Haven't the fogiest!

eeyore007

New Mummy to Frances
Reaction score
Ok, bubba has self weaned at 13.5 months. What the heck does she drink now??

She has water during the day and then did have boob at bedtime and a substantial feed at 6am ish before dropping off again until 9am ish.

Do I give her formula during day?
Water at 6am?
Cows milk?
Formula super toddler milk (like the stuff that's equal to 20 pints of cows milk or whatever their slogan is)?

Simply haven't got a clue as I ignored anything milk wise seeing as I thought I'd be needed for a while yet.

Any suggestions or examples most appreciated! x

When Aisling stopped, I offered goats milk at the same time as she would usually bf but she was refusing everything so I offered milk at mealtimes instead and water the rest of the time. I personally wouldn't go with a toddler formula, they're really just a marketing gimmick, unnecessary and pretty sweet, there's just no need for it.

I went for goat's milk over cows as the fat molecules are smaller and easier for humans to digest. We recently switched her over to cows milk xxx

Thank-you. An excellent idea and a sound reason I'd not considered!
Water at night time also sounds pretty easy.

I plan on giving homo milk or full fat milk once Bella stops breastfeeding.

When ds2 decides he's done having breastmilk he'll be getting goats milk and water. I rarely do juice, only on special occasion, and goats milk is better than cow's milk.

Em stopped BF at 13 months. I offered cows' milk am and pm instead. For the rest of her drinks she has water. There is no need for formula beyond 12 months.

Harvey was down to one feed per day when he stopped breastfeeding so we replaced it with cows' milk. Other than that he just has water. Now and again I'll dilute a little juice in it if he's not had much to drink during the day.

Someone on here asked what ladies in countries that don't have formula do if they can't breastfeed, and the answer was goat's milk, so maybe that's worth a try. Full fat cow's milk is ok after 12 months though. I can't offer any experience though cos DS is only 3 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->