• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What to eat for nausea and vomiting???

Disney1818

Expecting Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
I jinxed myself by posting the “nauseous but not sick” thread recently because I have started getting sick now. :sick:

My belly is growling because I’m hungry but NOTHING sounds good and the thought of eating makes me even more nauseous.
I have been snacking on saltine crackers but I KNOW I need something with some nutritional value.
Any suggestions on what to eat? What could you actually eat and keep down?

*also, anyone nauseous with acne and ended up having a girl? :winkwink:
Both DH and I feel like baby is a girl!

I have two girls and both pregnancies I had sickness and acne.

I’m suffering terribly with sickness again and the best thing I’ve found is eating little and often. Crackers and toast are my go tos. I also suck on mints when I need to go out as that helps me.

Oh god girl I remember replying to that thread as I was the same as you and I think the same amount of weeks?! I do sometimes wonder will it be better when I’m physically sick? Does it go away or you still feel nausea after?

This week I’ve felt quite shit so far eating far less than usual apparently I’ve lost a stone which is surprising because my belly doesn’t exactly look slim atm! In terms of food the best things for me have been:
Corn thins, beetroot & pumpkin crackers, pears occasionally blueberries and strawberries, plain omelet, toast, bagels hummus crisps the tomato and basil ones and the lentil crisps the same flavour, digestive biscuits, plain chicken (sometimes if I can stomach it) cucumber, tomatoes lettuce, plain broccoli. That’s about it to be honest I just want everything plain which is not like me at all I always season everythingggg xx

Eat light, when you feel like it. I would just worry about staying hydrated

Lemonade, Haribo, Salt & Vinegar crisps, orange lollies and extra strong mints all helped me. I had daily sickness from 9-16 weeks with my eldest and constant nausea with my second in first tri.

Oh god girl I remember replying to that thread as I was the same as you and I think the same amount of weeks?! I do sometimes wonder will it be better when I’m physically sick? Does it go away or you still feel nausea after?

This week I’ve felt quite shit so far eating far less than usual apparently I’ve lost a stone which is surprising because my belly doesn’t exactly look slim atm! In terms of food the best things for me have been:
Corn thins, beetroot & pumpkin crackers, pears occasionally blueberries and strawberries, plain omelet, toast, bagels hummus crisps the tomato and basil ones and the lentil crisps the same flavour, digestive biscuits, plain chicken (sometimes if I can stomach it) cucumber, tomatoes lettuce, plain broccoli. That’s about it to be honest I just want everything plain which is not like me at all I always season everythingggg xx

I’m 7 weeks 4 days! Most of that stuff sounds horrible. =; Haha! I absolutely cannot eat meat or eggs right now! The smell even makes me sick!
I got sick for the first time this morning and felt A LOT better right after but then an hour later I was in class (in the middle of an exam) and it started to hit again. :sick::sick:
It’s like I’m nauseous because I’m starving but at the same time I can’t stomach anything. Hopefully it won’t last too long!!

I can’t even keep water down. I’ve been sick ALL DAY. On top of a sinus infection or something, I am absolutely MISERABLE!

6CA90539-1021-467C-A5C8-F9AD88718BA8.jpeg

I can’t even keep water down. I’ve been sick ALL DAY. On top of a sinus infection or something, I am absolutely MISERABLE!

It’s a catch 22. You have MS so you don’t want to eat but having an empty stomach makes your MS worse. :(. I found that I had to perpetually be in this delicate balance of not too full but not too hungry. So that meant keeping ginger ale and saltines and walnuts at arm’s reach. And water because I would sit there eating cracker after cracker. As far as food food, I just forced myself to eat. Nothing too fragrant or heavy in flavor. Lots of Thai chicken rice soup/comfort food.

I heard good things about the preggo pops but never used them

I had barely any MS with my son. Which was so odd because all my other pregnancies I was puking to the point of crying and had girly feelings. But I felt day one he was a boy.

Hope you feel better!

cream crackers are my best friend atm but I am same feel so guilty that there's no nutrients or goodness in them but the thought of eating anything else makes me heave..i try make up for it with healthy meals later on in the day

I just eat what I can look at at that moment without it turning my stomach.
I’ve found lemonade ice lollies are nice for me but it’s so individual.
Just been diagnosed as low iron/aneamic my GP so off to get iron tablets. It’s common in pregnancy but probably impacted by the fact I’m not eating much. There is iron in my pregnancy multivitamin but clearly not enough.
It’s hell but I promise it won’t last forever!
Also, I had nausea and acne last time and had a boy. Xx

Not nutritious but sucking skittles helps my nausea and helps with the horrid taste!

I just eat from craving to craving. My doctor has me drinking sports drinks like Gatorade to replenish electrolytes. My nausea and vomiting this time around is horrible. I have a prescription but it doesn't work well.

My doctor recommended just eating whatever my body wants because right now it is more important to eat than not to eat.

I found that eating little and often helped.

Fruit yoghurts and soup are my go to at the moment, and cereal with milk. Lemon water and peppermint tea, fizzy water was good but it gave me terrible gas!

Lemonade, pancakes with a tiny bit of butter, plain crackers with cheese - thats as exciting as its getting for me at 8 weeks.
Meat is a massive no no.

I found that crackers helped... nibbling on cheese, salt and vinegar or ready salted crisps, chewing gum... ginger biscuits.... yoghurts... I heard avocado is meant to be really good although I never tried that...

I was reading about it and found out that protein helps with nausea. I bought fully cooked links, bacon, etc. and snack on those. I can't eat full meals because I feel sick, so smaller portions more often. Diet ginger ale is my friend (I read that pregnant women can drink up to 3 cups of ginger ale/tea/etc per day). And finally I smell essential oils, especially during the evening: citrus, peppermint, ginger. Good luck, mom!

Not nutritious but sucking skittles helps my nausea and helps with the horrid taste!

I agree with this! Helped with my nausea! I didn't have them daily but they helped when I did.

As for the gender, I have a girl and a boy and suffered nausea both pregnancies but no acne in my girl pregnancy. Everyone's different though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"