what to expect after circumcision?

happygal

mum of 3
Reaction score
hi. my 9 year old son has been having a lot of problems going to the toilet over the last few months. it turns out his foreskin is way too tight and can't be pulled back so he needs to be circumcised. he is due to have the op this Thursday.

i was just wondering if anyone has had a child circumcised at this kind of age and what i should expect after the op?

thanks in advance x

My son had his done for the same reasons at 9, it will bleed a bit so get him to wear his oldest underwear also invest in a large pot of vaseline you will need to rub loads onto his underwear to stop his willy getting stuck to them. Also make sure you have calpol as he will be very sore they do give you a cream to squirt on to numb it but will need calpol as well. Don't worry if it looks swollen and a bit scary it will heal fine they do pop some stitches in which look horrible. He won't be allowed to do sport for 6 weeks and needs to be careful to avoid knocking it.

ouch...sorry to hear. I didn't want to read and run. My son is 8, not circ'd, but no probs...thank goodness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->