What to expect at the drs

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by MrsQ, Apr 22, 2009.

1. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

hey there.

Found i was pregnant yesterday and i suffer with headaches, now I know why they have been more frequent. So gonna try and get a drs appoointment asap which will probably be tomorrow!

What do i need to expect and would I need to go for blood tests etc?
    xx

2. MummyKaya

MummyKaya Guest

Hiya! Congrats! Normally the doc doesn't tend to do alot, mine just asked a few questions and gave a bit of general advice. They then refer you to a midwife who will book you in around 8 weeks and take the bloods and do paperwork then. Hope this helps :)

3. MrsQ

thanks :) H2b is taking today off work so just didnt know if there was anything major he had to be there for but he will probably want to be there regardless.x

4. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

Mine did nothing other than tell me the basics on healthy eating, taking folic acid, avoiding heavy exercise etc - didn't even do a pregnancy test!

They will refer you to a midwife, who you will see at about 8-10 weeks, first scan at about 12 weeks.

I've written a longer account of the appointment in here https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...r-little-christmas-cakes-late-dec-babies.html if you're interested.

Welcome to the 1st tri x

5. MrsQ

aw brill thanks
    xxx

6. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

Ooooo YAY look you're pregnant :D God why is it that the slightest thing sets me off, seeing your positive pregnancy test made my throat go all hurty like it does before you're about to cry! Hahaha I bet you're over the moon :D xxxx