• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What to expect for 2nd csection

Blessedwithh3

Reaction score
I’ve had three children, my last was an emergency c section. I had to be put to sleep because baby was coming and breach. So I don’t know what to expect this time around. It’s been 2 years since then and I’m curious as to how pregnancy will feel with the scar tissue. Will I feel more pain or soreness as baby grows? Also I’m super nervous about getting an epidural as I’ve never had one 😔😔 any tips on second c section?

I’m not at the second csection point yet but I’m currently 19 weeks with twins and I feel nothing at the previous csection spot.

My second section and recovery went very well. Because, the scar area was numb I didn't have the burning sensation I did with my First. I thought the second recovery was almost easy. The spinal did take longer than the first one but it's not painful.

Good luck!! I have my third this June.

Oh sorry....,as for the pregnancy, I did have some strange tightness/stretching feelings but no pain.

Ah great to hear! That makes me feel better knowing others have had a good experience!

When i was having my 2nd, 2years after! I have to say it wasnt that bad at all and i grew quite big too!

As for the 2nd c section, you will have a spinal, i think they numb you before and you can just about feel a scratch! It feels more real and definitely more calm all around. The recovery was definitely easier too, i was up and walking by the end of the day and my only pain relief after the 1 small cup of morphine they gave was paracetamol! xxx

Following cause I’m curious about things too and especially wanting recovery advice. I had twins via c-section, then 2.5 yrs later a Vbac and now another 2.5 yrs later having a c-sec soon. I don’t feel anything with my scar. Hoping my second csec goes smoothly. So nervous.

I think my VBAC was abnormally hard. Two friends who also had c-secs in 2013 had vbcas in 2015 and there’s went smoothly. Mine was hard. I went to 41 weeks, and baby was big and we didn’t know till 3 months later she had a heart condition which probably made labor hard on her. I went into hospital on a Sunday lunch time and didn’t give birth till Monday night after 4 hours of pushing. I didn’t dialate very quickly and just everything was slow and painful for me. The epidural didn’t cover my whole body so i had one area on me of horrid pain.
My bladder was shot afterwards and still has issues.
She swallows miconium they think cause she was put on me skin to skin but her breathing wasn’t right so they whisked her away to NICU before any pictures of her with me.
VBACs probably aren’t as bad as mine just happened to be!

My pregnancy after my first c section was a little more uncomfortable after 30 weeks. But not too bad. The c section itself was fine and the recovery was tons faster. Way less painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"