What to expect from 6 weeks 5 day ultrasound.

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I am very very sire of my dates. Was using opks and temping so I know I'll be 6 weeks 5 days (give or take a day) at my next ultrasound on the 29th. My last one was 4 weeks 6 days and doctors ruled it a blighted ovum because my hcg has been rising poorly and they only saw an irregular shaped gestational sac.
example
3 weeks 2 days hcg 13
3 weeks 4 days hcg 31
4 weeks 1 day hcg 39
4 weeks 3 days hcg 50
4 weeks 6 days hcg 163

I'm not ready to give up since my tests have been getting much much darker since then and I'm crazy bloated with tons of excess cm bad skin and slightly sore Boobs. Plus 4 weeks 6 days was too early to see more then a gestation sac anyways.

So if I get lucky and there is a baby growing away what should I expect to see at 6 weeks 5 days ish?

If anything just a bit of a blob. The earliest I've ever had a scan was 7 weeks 1 day and it was barely a little peanut shaped blob. We were able to see and hear the heartbeat, which was nice. 6 weeks 5 days isn't too far behind that, so there is a chance to see something.

Good luck! I hope it goes well.

With my son 3 years a go I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks but so many ladies on here seem to see different things around the 6 week mark so I couldn't really tell you xx

Thanks ladies. I just hope to see more then an empty sac. It will be two weeks nearly since my last ultrasound so there has to be some progress.

There is a wide range of "normal" at 6w5d. You should at least see a gestational sac and a yolk sac. You may or may not see a baby and/or heartbeat depending upon how high your hormone levels are. If you do see a baby, it will most likely look like a bean or pea pod. If you see a yolk sac and a fetal pole, it will look like a diamond ring with the "ring" being the yolk sac and the "diamond" being the fetal pole.

I've seen a baby with a heart beat at 5w6d and baby with heartbeat at 6w3d (two different pregnancies)
IT just looks like a little bean or blob. It is hard to get the heartbeat measurement because it's so small, but even if they can't catch the measurement you can usually see flickering.

I've had ultrasounds with two of my kids that early. I saw the heart beating both times, although my doctor had to warn me that we might not be able to see the heart beat yet. Yes, it was just an embryo blob with a yolk blob and a beating heart blob. Haha. Enjoy your scan!!

Something like this b/c this was my 6w5d ultrasound. The bright white area is the baby and the circle is the corpus luteum. At this point she had a hb of 114 and I could see it flickering away. Good luck at your scan!

Attachments

• 7.1.jpg
    7.1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 15
As others said, it definitely varies a lot. I've heard from people who didn't see a heartbeat that early and went on to have happy healthy babies.

I had mine last week at 6 weeks two days and saw a gestational sac, yolk sac, tiny fetal pole and a flickering heartbeat.

That picture from the prior poster is AMAZING. I love it! Mine was NOWHERE near that clear. I can imagine that's what mine would look like if you zoomed in WAY more. But just so you don't worry if it doesn't look like that, it may just look like a black blob the shape of a kidney bean (gestational sac) with a tiny white booger on the inside. :) Best. Boogie. Ever. :)

Good luck! Keep us posted!

It depends on the type of ultrasound, whether it's transvaginal or abdominal. If you get a transvaginal ultrasound and you are 100% sure on your dates, you should see a gestational sac, yolk sac, and pole with heartbeat. If the scan is abdominal, it really depends ont he quality of the machine and the skill of the tech. Some techs can't find anything abdominally at 6+5 and have to switch to t/v. Other (more skilled) techs with good machines will be able to you something, maybe even the heartbeat. The heartbeat shows up first on t/v ultrasound, between 5+5 and 6+2 in a normal pregnancy, and on abdominal u/s, between 5+5 and 7+0.

Good luck on the scan tomorrow...hopefully things look better

Thanks. Scan tomorrow is cancelled. I was in last week for more bleeding. Sac measured 7 weeks but no baby and hcg has plateaued. I have a d&c on Tuesday :(

Had a scan at 5+5 and 6+4 different pregnancy and say baby, yolk sac and heartbeat.

So sorry, hun. Sending lots of love your way. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->