What to expect on your 12 week scan??

SummerJune

Reaction score
Hi ladies,, Ive forgotten what you can expect to see or what the importance of the 12 week scan is. I've got some time as I'm only 6 weeks along but my obgyn said this will be my next appointment. Thanks ladies. :thumbup::thumbup:

Usually a 12 week scan is to date you, do the NT screen (if you wish) and the sonographer checked baby was in the right place etc

Yesterday, my baby jumped up and down the whole way through the scan so the sonographer struggled to get measurements. It was so funny to watch, My last 2 babies weren't as active x

Thank you Kerrie-x,, that is really cute :happydance::happydance: im feeling so impatient,, can't wait for it to come along.

I'm the same my next appointment will be my 12 week scan and it's been 8 years since I had my last one really can't wait x

I'm confused about this too. We have ours tomorrow morning.

Our dates are solid as it's IVF.

We've had 5 scans already so know it's in the right place.

We've declined the NT test.

So not sure what they will tell us, but it's nice to have a scan anyway. I hope it's all ok!

I know that at the same time they will do your bloods and take a urine sample.

What is the nt screen / test? Is this for Down syndrome? I remember the doctor mentioning it but they also took tons of blood tests so I thought it was for that as well.

Never mind. I looked it up!

A nuchal translucency screening, or NT screening, is a routine ultrasound performed between week 11 to week 14. Fetuses with increased fluid at the base of their necks — a spot known as the nuchal fold — may have an extra chromosome. This fluid can be measured with ultrasound when the base of the neck is still transparent. Because the nuchal fold becomes less transparent as your baby grows, timing is crucial. In addition to Down syndrome, NT screens for congenital heart defects and other genetic disorders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"