What to Expect

txrangersfan

Reaction score
I have my first u/s in 2 weeks and I'm guessing I'll be about 6 weeks. With my ds, my first u/s was close to 8 weeks and we saw a heartbeat. What can I expect to see at 6 weeks?

I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks but that was it, a little blob with a heartbeat.
Also don't worry if you're scan has an earlier date and you don't see a heartbeat yet.

I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks but that was it, a little blob with a heartbeat.
Also don't worry if you're scan has an earlier date and you don't see a heartbeat yet.

Wow! I didn't know you could see a hb that early. I assume sime ppl don't see a hb that early.

Well I do wonder as I used opks and I know when I ovulated. According to ovulation I should have been 6 + 5 but he scan dated baby to 6 + 0. However I also saw a heartbeat at 5 + 3 with dd. Same thing. Just a beating heart. But some people don't see it until later from reading this forum.

I had one at exactly 6 weeks, vaginal, a teeny blob with a heartbeat but I was well prepared for it to be too early to see that little flicker! I think it's about a 50/50 chance at that stage. I mean if your baby is measuring 6 weeks you'll see it, but a couple of days behind can make all the difference.

I had a scan at 5 weeks 5 days and all they saw was an empty sac. I had to go back two weeks later and baby was there, completely fine. I have a feeling that if I'd had my scan 2 days later ( so when I was 6 weeks), they may have seen something as that is the day my morning sickness and tiredness kicked in. But I guess I'll never know.

I got really worried as I know most people see more than I did at 5 weeks 5 days but he's now a healthy 1 year old so I guess some babies take longer to show themselves. That was an internal scan as well which I think are much clearer x

At 6w2d, I saw a blob with a heartbeat. GL

HB at 6w is not very common.

Id say your likely to see the sac & yolk. Maybe the fetal pole but it all depends on when your lil one implanted.

I seen baby HB at 6w5d, its unlikely i would have seen that any earlier. Good luck

I had a scan at 6w2d and we saw the heartbeat, it was just a little flicker on the screen. Other than that, all we could really see was a sac with a little blob in it - not very clear at all :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"