What to get??

amslou

TTC No2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My friend is due to have her baby in the next week or so but i have been wondering what to get for her. I dont know if this is the best place to ask this question but i dunno where else to put it.

I am going to make a rabbit toy for the new baby and will be knitting a butterfly bag for her little girl so that she wont get left out, but i have heard that everyone forgets about the mother and i thought it might be nice to get or make her something but i have no idea what to get/do. What would you like to receive (other than flowers) when you were in hospital/first home with your new baby or if you have had your baby what did people bring you which was nice or what have you taken other people?

Hope you can help

Amslou

You sound like a lovely friend!! I guess some practical things that would be helpful are maybe cooking some nice meals and freezing them for her to stash away so she doesn't have to worry about cooking. Or doing some shopping for her when she gets home with baby. Nice treat things..... maybe booking a facial after a few weeks and looking after the baby for her! Or some nice girlie bits, jewellery, shoes, all the stuff she probably hasn't bought for herself in the last nine months.

Ah thanks for this even though I make my own jewellery i never thought of it. I think i will try and make her something nice. I will have a good think. I dont know her all that well really it is my male friend's girlfriend and i love him to peices. His brother is really nasty with her and we dont see her very often as she wont come out because of it. DH and I have been going to see them recently cos she is fed up at home and doesnt really have any friends. My friend also told me that when she had the first baby only her mum and sister went to see her in hospital as she doesnt have a big family or many friends so we are going to go to the hospital when the baby arrives to see them all. I just hope i get it all finished in time!

Yea i think i would love it if people brought me some frozen meals ha ha ha!! Or as you said jewlery is nice too. Def phoning before you arrive to see if they need anything from the shops would be a really nice thing to do. I think i will love anyone who brings me some pate, champagne and bubble bath and candles and offers to look after LO while i take a looooooooooong bath :)

ummmm PATE!!!! And a full cheeseboard with champers! Good idea!

ooh champagne thats a good idea too. Maybe i should do both!

Food, cook a casserole or something for her that she can easily reheat and use for multiple meals!

Awww you sound so caring.I made some vouchers for my friend.Ie babysiting,Clean the car,ironing etc and put some nice smellys in a basket for her.It's always the crap jobs that I'd love a hand with. xx

My ex's mum gave me a pampering set :)

when my friend had her baby she told me that the best present she got was a massage voucher

maybe something like that if u can afford it :)

Awww you sound so caring.I made some vouchers for my friend.Ie babysiting,Clean the car,ironing etc and put some nice smellys in a basket for her.It's always the crap jobs that I'd love a hand with. xx

This is a fab idea. I'd be well chuffed if I got some of these vouchers!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"