What to go with?

Fivecardstud

Reaction score
As we have just started the process of TTC, I'm trying to figure out when I'm ovulating. I was on BC for a little while but stopped on May 31 of this year. Around the 26/27 I had my normal period. I have always been on time, and usually go 5 days. After I stopped taking the pill, for the first week in June I got another 'period'. Very heavy. I know that it was my body coming off the pills, but do I still follow my normal period, (end of May) or do I change and go with the one at the beginning of the month now?
Thank you
Jessica

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking.

I would say you should go with the most recent period. Even though you had a period around your usual time coming off the pill can change things up. So I would say CD1 is the first day of the latest cycle.

Hope that helps.

I would agree with Crystal. However I would also use opks for your situation to help give you a heads up for when it's about to happen.

Sounds like you want to know when you are ovulating? Ya?

If so the only way to know when you are ovulating is to temp. OPKs can help but they only detect an LH serge. They do not confirm that you are ovulating. You can get a positive OPK and not ovulate.

I suggest you get a bbt thermometer, sign up on fertility friend and start charting. fF also has some great tutorials that can help you understand your cycle.

Sorry, I promise I wasn't trying to make it confusing. I should have added that I was having a lot of signs of starting my period, but a lot worse. I also had cramping but different from what I've had in the past. Part of me was wondering if I'm late, or shouldn't be worried for a few more days. Plus that is how my Dr. told me to keep track of my ovulating. All the other stuff, temp changes, etc. are all new and I'm still learning. I appreciate the advice :)
Thank you
Jessica

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"