What to put in neck folds?

tu123

Reaction score
Hi there
My LO has reached three months and weighed in today at 16llbs!!!

Like her daddy she has a few "chins":winkwink:

The skin has got very red and sore-we are vigilant to clean the area but it is still red and sore. after cleaning the neck today and whilst drying with some cotton wool pads there was some blood (tiny amount) and she cried.

Anyone else have a cherub like me and what have you done to keep there neck sore free please?

I have sudocrem, bepanthan and metanium in the house.

My instinct would be to use sudocrem?

I would use the sudocrem on it.

Jessicas neck was going a bit red a few weeks ago and I just used sudocrem and made sure I washed and dryed it properly every day. Its tons better now. :flower:

Sudocrem - I love the stuff think it's brilliant :) x

My LO had a this a little bit. I just made sure I paid special attention to washing and drying it. I would have used sudocrem on it, but it had cleared up by itself. Just sounds like a tiny bit of trapped moisture, so I'd say use sudocrem to protect it while it heals.

Fin's wasn't this bad but not far off and we'd been moisturising it every morning and evening. We now use Asda's Little Angels Liquid Talc and it's not red at all now.

I'd use sudocrem til it's less angry, then try liquid talc x

Sudocrem is good :) though we went to the docs as jaydens looked really red, we got Timodine cream on prescription x

this happened with my first and under arms, once it is healed when drying i put some talck on the changing mat and with a cotten wol ball i just dabbed some talck under chins and under arms, never had the problem again and i used same method with second and never had the prob and again with this one and so far so good XXX

Thanks guys-i'll try some sudocreme tonight then.

never heard of liquid talc-sounds awesome!

Although I TOTALLY knew what you meant, I almost posted saying that sometimes, I can carry my handbag in mine! Sorry chicken.... definitely Sudocrem.... brialliant stuff.
xxx

Vasaline to prevent the problem, Sudacrem to heal the problem, sometimes now though all I use is a bit of johnsons talcum powder as its more food spills than milk spills under the chin :D

I use Aquafor, and it works beautifully. I'm not sure if it's sold in the UK by the same name or not. My little one is quite chunky and definitely has neck rolls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->