What to take for acid reflux?

Jcliff

Reaction score
Tums Are no longer working and my reflux has gotten out of control. I can't eat anything without throwing up stomach acid an hour later.

The ONLY thing that has ever worked on my acid reflux is Zantac 75...I was so greatful it was on my list of approved meds!! :thumbup:

zantac 150 is great too! Also frozen pineapple bits are a Godsend, believe it or not it takes the acid away

I take prescription Zantac 150 mg twice a day and now at 27 weeks I've noticed even that isn't working as good anymore now. Tums were disgusting and did barely anything for me. Midwife wrote rx for me said it was safe for me to take.

Natural remedies would be:
1tbsp vinegar before your meal (reduces/stops your own acid production)
1tbsp baking soda dissolved in water shortly after meal (tastes RANK!)

Or I use Rennies (orange flavour) which work quite well for me. Gavisvon makes me wretch because it's so thick

I read somewhere to eat a small potion of ice cream before each meal, helps me, but I do feel naughty, lol.

Tums stopped working for me so the doctor said to try pepcid ac and so far it seems to be working. I used to wake up in the middle of the night choking on stomach acid

Omeprazole from the docs, which turns off stomach acid production, then orange rennies on top if I get any break through. Indigestion is definitely my worst pregnancy symptom :-(
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->