what to wash baby clothes in??

mrsmcquaide

Mummy to 1 nearly 2 :D
Reaction score
hi ladies
just wondering what is the best thing to wash new born clothes in??

what is best brand of wash powder?? what temp to wash at?? would you use softener and if so which kind??

i live in uk so recommendations that i can buy here :D

thank you
xxx

I got Fairy Non oil gel to use < It was on offer at co op when i bought it ..

And I bought a gentle fabric softner... Comfort Pure < Also on offer when I bought it ..

I used fairy non bio and comfort pure with my last 2 babies for the first few months and I wash at 40 degrees. I usually switch to what I use for the rest of the family at weaning though because I have found non bio doesn't take all the food out.

I used fairy powder and The yellow lenor conditioner, put it all on at 30. And i put all the clothes on the line so they didnt shrink in the tumble dryer. :) xx

I used fairy powder and The yellow lenor conditioner, put it all on at 30. And i put all the clothes on the line so they didnt shrink in the tumble dryer. :) xx

That's a very good point! I hate how the tumbles shrink everything! Especially vests and sleepsuits and even if you stick it on a low heat..still shrinks!

I used fairy non bio and comfort pure with my last 2 babies for the first few months and I wash at 40 degrees. I usually switch to what I use for the rest of the family at weaning though because I have found non bio doesn't take all the food out.

i use this all the time anyway as my OH has sensitive skin and its the only thing that oesnt irritate him and cause rashes etc so it must be good cos everything else put horrib big red rashes all over his belly and back :-/

i would advise to use this all the way its smells lush aswell

it was on offer in asda the other week :)

That's a very good point! I hate how the tumbles shrink everything! Especially vests and sleepsuits and even if you stick it on a low heat..still shrinks!

OMG dont get me strated with the bloody dryer im so daft when it coms to some stuff and i put all my lace knickers in dryer at laundrette :dohh: the lace was all crozzled and hard when they came out i came to put them on andd my fingers whent straight through them so they full of holes now hahahaha x

thank u ladies gonna go get some today and get washing all the baby clothes ready for her arrival :D
did everyone wash every piece of clothing befor baby came??
x

Generally non-bio is recommended for baby clothes. Don't think it matters that much about the temperature - we wash all our stuff except towels at thirty so that should be fine for the baby's things (unless you mean things that baby has already worn which you need to get stains out of and therefore need a higher temperature). We use Fairy Non-Bio.

thank u ladies gonna go get some today and get washing all the baby clothes ready for her arrival :D
did everyone wash every piece of clothing befor baby came??
x

i did everything as you dont know who being touching them in shops and a lot of new clothes have chemicals in the fabric xx

Fairy non bio is on offer in asda. 28 wash box of powder is £4 in asda. The same box is £5 in Tesco. Tesco also had the liqiud tabs for £5 no sure how many were in there though.

defo fairy non bio, smells amazing. i normally wash everything at 30/40. never had a problem witg shrinking anything

i used persil non bio gel its great

i've only washed stuff i've been given. i know a girl who just had an 11lb baby. she had unpacked and washed all of her "newborn" clothes so can't return them or anything! just something to think about!

I bought Fairy non bio gel and fairy fabric conditioner while they were on offer a while back. But I think really any non bio would do.

I've used Persil non bio and Comfort Pure - simply because I had vouchers for them both from one of my baby groups (can't remember if it was Bounty or Emma's Diary). I also have a free sample of Fairy non-bio to try.

I've washed all the newborn and 0-3 months stuff, including all towels and bedding. I heard you should wash it all anyway, but it was one of the things I was really looking forward to doing once I finished work. It just made me feel more like a mummy having all the little clothes out on the line!!

I have lots of allergies and can only use tescos own brand wash powder so I've bought the non bio version of that for the baby's things, we considered the persil etc but then I would have to wear gloves to touch his washing and wouldn't be able to cuddle him for long. Some of my sisters wet washing touched my arm a few weeks ago and I came up in a big red welt, if I have sensitive skin and dh has eczema on his hands poor Flynn has no chance!!

i wash at 40 with persil nonbio and comfort pure softener.

I only washed 2nd hand stuff, never had any problems pulling the tags off and straight onto baby.

I bought Surcare for the baby's clothes as it's the only one I could find without perfumes and things. I don't normally use fabric conditioner but I broke down after the sleepsuits and blankets were coming out of the wash too crispy. The fabric conditioner is pretty good; I've been using half the recommended dose and everything has come out soft. But I think I'm going to switch back to Bio-D for our washing powder just because it seems to work better.

I'm using fairy non bio and fairy fabric softener, I will be washing all baby's vests and sleepsuits as that's all she is going to be wearing for the first couple of weeks anyway x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->