what to wear for the hospital? (birth)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by purapura, Jun 3, 2011.

1. purapura

purapura Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies :flower:

I was wondering what all of you planning on wearing for the birth?
    I was reading somewhere that a big baggy t-shirt will be the best … but not sure… my first time… sorry.
    What about maternity wrap dress?

2. Loui1001

Loui1001 Well-Known Member

I've packed a very attractive nightie :haha:
    have been warned not to plan to wear anything too special so I just got a cheapie one for the birth

3. faun

faun Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl

You need to be comfy so wear whatever you feel the most relaxed in, personally i get so hot i always end up naked but i always start in a oversized t-shirt.

4. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

Last time I packed a nightie (the fairly loose kind but not too unflattering!) but I ended up staying in what I wore to go in - I had trousers with a long stretchy top over it, so I just took the trousers off and it was comfy. I'd just go for something simple, not too warm and with easy access :rofl:

5. MrsKTB

MrsKTB Mummy to Henry

Ive bought a big, dark, spaghetti strap nighty! Cheap as chips from ASDA, hoping it'll kep me cool(ish) and I'll get me some skin on skin without having to faff :)

6. caz_hills

caz_hills Well-Known Member

I have bought a cheap vest top and some pj bottoms, for after, but am also taking one of my OH's t-shirts as well. It will be July probably so hot so I expect to wear the vest top as it will be boiling!

7. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

I wore PJs and just took bottoms off when pushing :) This time i'll hopefully get my water birth at home so will prob just be bikini top or naked.

8. purapura

Thanks!
    and what about the after birth? when BF...

9. MoonLove

MoonLove Well-Known Member

I'm going to wear one of my husband's old tshirts for the labour/birth and then after baby is born, i'll just whip it off for skin to skin time and feeding :thumbup:

10. Lettuce

Lettuce Getting better at this...

For labour I have a big nightie with some buttons down the front for skin/skin and that first breastfeed hopefully!
    After birth have packed black pjs with strappy vest tops, black joggies and vest tops and a big baggy t shirt.
    Oh and nursing bras! :) xx

11. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

I just took my top off for skin to skin and first feed too.

After that I just wore a vest top and pulled it down.

12. Lynsay

Lynsay Mummy to Jessica

I bought a funny nighty with a cow driving a car on the front and it says "moove over!...VIP coming through" haha!

It's black and was only £3 from Primark so if it gets dirty it won't matter too much. For after I got a White and green spotty nighty with buttons down the front for breastfeeding etc. I also got a nursing nighty from jojo maman bebe in pink, I'll pack that too but it's mainly for home.

I'll be wearing Yoga pants and vest top to go into hosp, and to come home in too. I've also packed long maternity leggings, vests and thin a cardigan.

Xx

13. Iwannabamummy

Iwannabamummy Well-Known Member

Hi

I have brought a cheap nightie from Matalan (£6) in an extra big size, it has buttons all the way down the front which I thought would be easy to unbutton for skin to skin. As it was a cheapy if it gets grotty I can just throw it away after. Its not very trendy or something I would necessarily choose otherwise but I don't suppose I will be too worried about that when the time comes!

Kx

14. purapura

Thank you all! Great Ideas!
    I will pop to primark this weekend!

15. 24/7

24/7 Mummy to Sam & Abigail

Before labour I never imagined I would be comfortable being naked, so packed multiple outfits for labour for going between the pool and out, in reality once I got there I couldn't have cared less and just worse nothing, and bought everything home I took clean, except one pair of pyjamas and a pair of knickers I wore afterwards. :rofl: xx

16. crystal09

crystal09 Well-Known Member

I havent even thought about this yet lol. Last time I wore a cute maturnity top (white of all colors) and a pair of black pant that I had to get off quickly cuz the baby was coming so quick...I do not recommend pants at all lol. Likely going with a long t-shit this time :)

17. Tinkerbellxxx

Tinkerbellxxx Mum of 5 inc CF baby Lily

I think I'll ask for a hospital gown for labour. Its prob gonna be hot and I plan to have an epidural asap :haha: I personally think they are ideal for it really, your ready for you epidural or C-section if need be without having to change. They are light, and easilly untied for skin to skin. And best of all, you don't have to wash it, they do + they are FREE :) :rofl: x

18. sw121

sw121 Mum of 1

I've bought a navy coloured nightie - I deliberately went dark so that you wouldn't see any stains that won't come out in the wash. It's also a nursing nightie, so hopefully I will get use out of it after we come home and it's been washed.

For after I've packed PJs - the top unbuttons down the front, which I thought would be handy for breastfeeding - plus they're also a dark colour in case my maternity pads leak.

Although I may end up having a c section now because baby's breech, so I assume it would be a hospital gown in those circumstances.