• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What to wear under sleeping bag?

RoxyRoo

Mummy to two <3
Reaction score
I'm going to try my LO in a sleeping bag tonight, it's 2.5 tog.

Our bedroom is around 19*C, what should I dress her in underneath it?

I was thinking a short sleeved vest and a babygro?

Grobag advise with a 2.5 tog bag:

18 degrees - long sleeve vest(bodysuit) and pyjama top
20 degrees - long sleeve vest only

No bottoms with either.

They have a useful chart on the website, one comes with the bag too and I have stuck it up inside the wardrobe door in the nursery.

At 19 degrees Louis is in a footed sleepsuit and a 2.5 tog grobag x

I put a sleepsuit on her but she's also swaddled (if she wasn't I'd put a vest and a sleep suit as well). It's 18 degrees in the bedroom.

I use a sleepsuit no vest and 2.5 tog sleeping bag and our room is 18 degrees or less but to be fair it feel freezing

Depends on the baby

At 19degrees my LO wears -

a long sleeve vest
PJs or a sleepsuit
a 2.5 tog sleeping bag
2 blankets (1 cellular and 1 cotton) tucked in over her

if it drops to 18 I add her nice fleecy blanket or she gets freezing. i find if she isn't dressed warmly enough she quite often wakes at 5am! xx

DD has just sleepsuit with her gro bag at mo - until it gets any colder - she heats up really quickly, but when it's cold her hands are freezing and it seems to wake her up. Difficult to get the balance! She's got a sleepsuit with no feet tonight, so I've put socks on her!

my baby wears a s/s vest and a baby gro in his sleeping bag and i tuck a soft sheet over him to stop him wriggling about.

tonight tho iv tried him in a l/s vest with little pj bottoms. his never worn them before so il see how he goes from 7pm-10pm and then decide if il keep him in them all night. x

I think it depends on the LO, my LO wears...

Short sleeved vest
Either babygrow/pjs normal or fleecey depending on how cold it is.
2.5 tog sleepbag
Cellular blanket
and sometimes if its cold another blanket

Its been trial and error each night with how much to put on, i dont go by what it says as ive found Bobby freezes!!

Tonight my LO is in his 2.5 tog sleeping bag with a vest suit thing and a sleep suit. His hands are always cold but the rest of him warm!

Brilliant, thanks ladies :)

I'll try with the vest and sleepsuit tonight and see how she goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"