What to wear!

H

happymummy

Hi Ladies

Is anybody else having a real dilemma about what to wear in terms of what will actually fit! I am only 6.5 wks but as this is my 4th pregnancy, I think my tummy muscles must be lose from the other times and therefore show my bloat very easily! I can no longer fit into my usual jeans without a very obvious 'muffin top' spilling over the sides. So I got hubby to fish out all my maternity jeans from the loft over the weekend and they are far too big! I am smaller at the start of this pregnancy than I was before as I have worked hard to shift my baby weight but If I go out today and buy maternity jeans in a size smaller than the ones I already have, I dont know how long they will fit me for and they are quite pricey.

Does anybody else have this issue of not knowing what to wear and being in this in between stage?! I am so chuffed to bits to have my little :baby: so i just dont mind if I have to sew a bed sheet together !!

Ha ha! Could you sew a bed sheet for me too?

I'm in this situation, it is getting easier now but I'm still unbuttoning my trousers when I sit down!

I am just hoping this bloat will die down soon and then the real bump can commence.

I put on a pair of size 14 trousers which fitted my swollen tummy very nicely, unfortunately I couldn't find my legs or my bum in them!!!

Could you try floaty/tunic tops and maybe leggings or a dress that doesn't cling around the waist? Depends what you look like to start with (I'm not a fan of leggings personally).

Yes I will run you up a bed sheet style outfit too!!

I have had a look at dresses and now that the weatehr is warmer they'd be perfect. I dont usually like leggings either as I am a size 12-14 and I think my legs look too big in them plus I just dont think they are comfy. Think I will buy a pair of bigger trousers today and maybe some floaty tops.

i lived in leggins and dresses from primark big and floaty

Track suits.....I hate them but they seem to do the trick! I haven't work jeans in 5 weeks as they were so uncomfortable!

Dresses will be lovely as soon as the weather warms up...I plan on binging on ebay and getting a wardrobe full of them!!

With my first PG, I was very late showing & in the 'in-between' stage til 7mths. I learned a trick to expand the waistlines of my jeans with a hair elastic! Simply thread the elastic through the button hole, make a loop, then hook it on the button. Voila....extra couple of inches! HTH!

im so fat ive gone from a size 14, to an 18 in a matter of weeks.....I sold all my clothes (larger ones) as id lost so much weight before i got pregnant, now im in deep crap, as my wardrobe is bare. I have a few leggings, and t-shirts but i dont want to end up looking like a reject from the Jeremy kyle show...so will probably just order some clothes online......

I've got the added problem that only "tall" trousers fit me anyway cos my legs are too long (35 inch inside leg I think) so even trackies and things aren't gonna work for me. Sure when I get really big I'm gonna have to wear ugg boots to cover up the lack of length of the trousers cos it'll be too cool for dresses and stuff by then!

I am glad my early stage has passed and the weather was still cool and rainy so I have been able to wear coats and cardis to cover up.
This is the first day I will be telling everyone, just as the sun has come out and I can wear anything. It's been luck, as my bump is looking kind of big already :)

I was wearing tunic tops and maternity jeans at 6/7 weeks though.
I did show quite quick with my first, but not as quick and obvious as this!!

Well I have been out today and bought some cheap comfy jogging bottoms. I amanged to get some cropped ones and they are actually really comfy! They arnt maternity, just a size up from what Id normally wear and they were so cheap too so thought they could double up for after the birth as pre pregnancy clothes dont seem to fit me after birth until about 3 months!!

Its good to see that I am not the only one feeling this way and having this silly problem.

I wear a uniform to work and the tunic is fine but i have to leave my trousers unbuttoned now, since about a week ago.

At home it's PJ's all the way :rofl: Or sweatpants and a t shirt (attractive!), or leggings with a dress...but i only have one pair of leggings so i am constantly washing them and soon they'll fall apart.

I think we will be going shopping come pay day...for more leggings...and sweatpants...and bras! And i am going to invest in a bumpband so i can at least wear my jeans for a little longer.

I keep wondering when i am going to start 'showing' properly...i know my belly at the minute is a result of all the food i am eating and all the wind trapped in there! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->