What type of Birth did you have? (with your youngest)

Second was a million times better! First was pitocin, epidural, forceps. Second was a planned home birth but had to transfer with meconium in water but all was fine and born writhing 15 mins of getting to hospital! Vaginal delivery with tens machine (which wasnt helping much at the point of pushing) and gas and air in ambulance. Despite not getting my hb I'd do it all again tomorrow, i quite enjoyed labouring this time. X

I was induced, had a vaginal delivery using gas and air. It was a great experience!

I had a vontouse (sp*) delivery. She was a little madam and i was pushing to long before they called for the emergency dr and neonatal crash team. All was fine tho. she was just a little shocked and floppy. I was very sore for a week.

I had an induction scheduled for 37 weeks because of my history. Ended up going into labor at 35+6....she was born a couple hours after hitting 36 weeks.

I elected to get an epidural as I did with my first delivery. This second delivery was a great experience.

Induction at term plus 11 (low fluid levels so not an option to wait longer) propess and having waters broken didn't do much but the drip certainly did! Had an epidural as contractions were on top of each other very quickly and couldn't be mobile so found it hard to cope. Only pushed for 6 minutes but had a 2.5 litre hemmorhage and needed a transfusion as my uterus stopped contracting before the placenta was out. Really hope to not be induced next time.

C-section. I guess it was elective? OH always says it was an emergency C-section.
I pushed for 3.5hrs and she would start to crown but kept sucking back in. I had the option of a vacuum or c-section, I chose to go ahead with c-section.

I went into labor naturally two days before my due date. It was about 12 hours from the first twinge of discomfort to delivery. Labored at home as long as I could and arrived at the hospital entering transition. Spent a few hours breathing her down then pushing hard for 45 minutes. I managed drug free, didnt even get an IV line started.

Had a Crash C-section (a EMCS under GA). The staff did everything in their power to ensure a vaginal delivery but DS' heart rate plummeted once I began to push and stayed there for several minutes so he had to come out.

I had a drug free vagnial birth. My labor lasted for 3 days because of scar tissue on my cervix. I was in very hard labor for like 16hrs. I was going to be taken in for a c section but the OR was being used and I was dying and so was the baby so the nurse pushed my cervix (stuck at 8cms) over her head so I could start pushing with my body. My body started trying to push her out on it's own but I had been stuck at 8cm for 5hrs and I guess it had enough. This labor was hell but I am happy that I made it and so did my daughter thanks to that nurse!!

I had a 2hour homebirth, It was a planned water birth however the pool was not ready in time.

I had a c-section and was put to sleep due to my epidural causing back spasms and me not being able to move my upper body at all.

Next will be an elective C-sec.

I had a vaginal delivery with no drugs - just deep breaths and relaxation music.

Vaginal delivery
Induced, no time for pain relief.
3rd degree tear.
Best experience of my life!
Absolutely loved it it was so calm <3

Scheduled C Section. Very calm, relaxed and positive experience.

Vaginal delivery with just gas and air :) Very nearly an emergency C-section though.

vaginal home birth with zero pain relief.

I had a planned section, but bubs decided to come 2 days early. I went into labour only to be told I was having braxton hicks contractions at 37 weeks! Four hours later they checked and I was 6cms. They rushed to get the theatre ready in time and bubs was born an hour later as he was breech and I had history of bleeding in pregnancy. Ended up being a beautiful experience as I had all the natural hormones and bubs fed on the breast for 45 mins post delivery :)

After labouring naturally with contractions and waters gone I only reached 3cm, was drip induced and given epidural, made it to 7cm but failed to progress any further. As my waters had been gone for 3 days by that time the decision was made to do an emergency c section!

X

Mine was a vaginal delivery with ventouse.

Worst 24 hours of my life hands down! It was worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat to get this wonderful little boy, but dear god the pain was immense from the get go and I coped terribly with it... I was induced, and I was hysterical and panicking and vomiting for most of my labour and my memories are of midwives popping in to tell me "we'll check on you in 4 hours" and "you're not in labour yet" while I sobbed and sobbed because the contractions never even stopped to let me breathe and relax between them, it was just one looooong episode of torture. I was so exhausted by the end I couldn't really push properly. Gaaaaah. Can't even think about it without feeling nauseous. Yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->